Completed XP Setup Screens

• 5 weeks later...
For transparent background, use the winntbbu.dll from windows 2003 :)

A quick question about Transparent, is just having a copy of the winntbbu.dll (and .dl_ ver of course) from 2003 enough to make any setup transparent? Any regkey or command needed to activate transparent mode for a completely scripted install? I'm guessing that unfortunately transparency isn't active for the RunOnceEx section.

Is the file winnt32u.dll from XP or 2003, and what sections or effects are you going for by modifying it?

Excellent work on your screens, especially the simple but effective color change to the pulse bar; every change I've tried to it has sucked, mainly from trying to shrink small gif icons down to size. I think I'll take your example and stick to simple color co-ordinated changes.

DogMeat

scoult01, Maybe you can make one that looks like the 9.2 Mandrake DrakX installer as a continuation of your Linux GUI install port to Windows XP setup screen theme.

Know where I can find any screenshots of the installer? After a tute that I read on a thread here, it's possible to have black text now, which is sweet, and makes this possible.

For transparent background, use the winntbbu.dll from windows 2003 :)

A quick question about Transparent, is just having a copy of the winntbbu.dll (and .dl_ ver of course) from 2003 enough to make any setup transparent? Any regkey or command needed to activate transparent mode for a completely scripted install? I'm guessing that unfortunately transparency isn't active for the RunOnceEx section.

Is the file winnt32u.dll from XP or 2003, and what sections or effects are you going for by modifying it?

Excellent work on your screens, especially the simple but effective color change to the pulse bar; every change I've tried to it has sucked, mainly from trying to shrink small gif icons down to size. I think I'll take your example and stick to simple color co-ordinated changes.

DogMeat

Thanks for the compliments :rolleyes:

I modified winnt32u.dll from XP to change the dialog box in that screen shot, you only see it when you're using an atended method (I have a multiboot CD so I use both). Using the 2003 probably wouldn't cause any harm but I don't see the need to because there's no transparency in the box