WPI 5.4 wishlist

@onelss: The hot keys issue may be solved here real soon. I have some new themes and menus that are real small and no text. I leave the extra buttons on all the time now that they don't take up space. I will be building them into WPI after Zorphnog and I get the new install reboot function all working.

They will be used in the main window, Options and Config wizards. Will give more height for 1024x768 screens, even with Glossy_Horiz. Will look modern and very easy to update/expand.

I then hope to build-in options to modify the menus, vertical or horizontal, etc.

It didnt work for me. When installing it is pointed at :\WPI instead of :\Install

Let me be clear, i have :\WPI and :\Install and :\$OEM$ that is it.

Hmm, it just works fine for me. But I do not have :\WPI, on my disc it is :\Install\WPI, :\Install\Programme and :\Install\Treiber so WPI is in the Install folder. If you want, you can download this archive and see my structure in there. But the explanations are german. :(

P.S.: Sorry for not answering your PM, I had some problems with my Internet in the last days.

Edited by Dynaletik

It didnt work for me. When installing it is pointed at :\WPI instead of :\Install

Hmm, it just works fine for me. But I do not have :\WPI, on my disc it is :\Install\WPI, :\Install\Programme and :\Install\Treiber so WPI is in the Install folder. If you want, you can download this archive and see my structure in there. But the explanations are german. :(

P.S.: Sorry for not answering your PM, I had some problems with my Internet in the last days.

I have tryed that way too (:\Install\WPI ) and it doesnt work for me.

When using WPI, in the Interface tab of Options, the instructions about how to add a custom background picture are very clear. :thumbup

BUT... in the Tools tab of Options, the options to add a script or program to run before or after installation begins or is complete, don't have any instructions. When you go to choose a file, the absolute address is entered. Obviously there's a syntax you can use to point to the location within the WPI filder structure, i think we'd all just like to know what it is. :P

Edited by soporific

It works perfectly for me you surely didn't use the correct environment variables to invoke the files.

Because of security reasons, IE (mshta) will not allow you to specify a default start path when using the file requester window. And you can not use it to save a file. That is why I have to use the prompt() when Save As... a config or options file. Sucks. But I understand: prevent malicious code from being saved on your computer or tricking someone with a default path.

Execute Before and After are there mainly so you don't have to make entries in the config and have them Install Order first and last. They are meant to allow you to run a .cmd script, any program, etc. you might need before/after the install process.

And yes, I am working on a complete manual. Will be out with 5.4.

It works perfectly for me you surely didn't use the correct environment variables to invoke the files.

What do you means with "you surely didn't use the correct environment variables to invoke the files"?

Maybe you need to read this too: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...mp;#entry553557

What do you means with "you surely didn't use the correct environment variables to invoke the files"?

Maybe you need to read this too: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...mp;#entry553557

I keep the Install folder in the cd root and I never had a problem with it. The problem you're having is related to the CMD command that uses as its path the WPI one and doesn't have a switch to specify another path. Learn to use START(startx) and the /PATH switch and you will solve the problem.

Once again, i want to see the INSTALL folder is outside the WPI folder. Dynaletik way doesnt work for me and he never responding by PM or forum.

mritter?

As the installation sources are not under WPI_5.3\install, I use this to reference them:

regb[pn]=['%wpipath%..\\TWEAKS\\disablestartandexitsounds.reg'];

The folder structure under my E:\INSTALL :

• GAMES
  • UTILITIES
  • TWEAKS
  • WPI_5.3

Once again, i want to see the INSTALL folder is outside the WPI folder. Dynaletik way doesnt work for me and he never responding by PM or forum.

As the installation sources are not under WPI_5.3\install, I use this to reference them:

regb[pn]=['%wpipath%..\\TWEAKS\\disablestartandexitsounds.reg'];

The folder structure under my E:\INSTALL :

• GAMES
  • UTILITIES
  • TWEAKS
  • WPI_5.3

I agree. You absolutely don't need to have the install folder inside the WPI folder. In fact, it doesn't even need to be called "install".

and there is an even simpler way to call your commands:

1st, Call WPI through a WPI.cmd looking like this:

@cmdow @ /HID 2>NUL ||@ECHO OFF
SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS

PUSHD D:\SPECIFIC\PATH\TO\MY\PROGS
D:\WPI\WPI.hta
POPD

Where you have to adapt the PUSHD instruction to where your progs are and the WPI one to you know what.

2nd, simply have your commands like this:

cmd1[pn]=['"Mozilla\\Firefox Setup 1.5.0.6.exe" -ms'];

for an installer being in: D:\SPECIFIC\PATH\TO\MY\PROGS\Mozilla\Firefox Setup 1.5.0.6.exe

No need to have any environment variable in your path any more :thumbup

The PUSHD instruction sets the current path to the wanted location for you.

(and the POPD instruction switch it back to the previous one once WPI is done)

Wish List...

1. For the multiboot fans and to save screen real estate, allow conditional installs based on OS, but only have one selection on screen. On Screen = Diskeeper, if OS==XP run setupPro.exe, if OS==2003 run setupSrv.exe (hope that makes sense)

2. Once install starts, dont have the progress bar in its own window, but run it as part of the main screen with the app being installed overlayed on the progress bar.

Thanks