WPI 5.4 wishlist

Press install and your cmd1,cmd2,cmd3 starts,

,after that you have one of the following options(Profiles for running the installers)

1.None -- No profile. Skips cmd4,cmd5,cmd6.

2.Switchless (to a particular Programs Folder) -- cmd5 is started. (cmd5[pn]=['%wpipath%Install\\7z442.exe /D=D:\\Programe\\Zipuri\\7-Zip /S'];)

3.Switchless to Defalut (path) --cmd6 is started (cmd6[pn]=['%wpipath%Install\\7z442.exe'];)

4.Normal (installer) -- (cmd4[pn]=['%wpipath%Install\\7z442.exe'];)

if a program has set up in the gcond setup option for the installer, the name of program grays or disables ()(gcond[pn]=['Gray(0,1,0)'];

----the 7zip software has a visual {normal installer},has setup the options for a sillent to the specific path/options, and it lacks a silent to option{cause i dindt put, on purpose for this example,the '/S' option})\

smell u later. (at least for the checking of spelling errors)

this is version 0.1, ready :blushing: for download.

Copy_of_wpi.rar

Edited by catara

@ Solid as a rock: I already have got my Install folder out of WPI. I use it since I use WPI and in the beginning, the Install folder wasn't in WPI folder, so @ root I got "Install\Programs", "Install\Drivers" and "Install\WPI". So WPI is in the last, and programs and drivers in the other folders. The install cmd and reg lines look like this:

cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\Drivers\\ITouch\\setup.exe -s -f2"%temp%\\ITouch.log"'];

@ Solid as a rock: I already have got my Install folder out of WPI. I use it since I use WPI and in the beginning, the Install folder wasn't in WPI folder, so @ root I got "Install\Programs", "Install\Drivers" and "Install\WPI". So WPI is in the last, and programs and drivers in the other folders. The install cmd and reg lines look like this:

cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\Drivers\\ITouch\\setup.exe -s -f2"%temp%\\ITouch.log"'];

I stumble into problems in the past when the install map isnt exist in WPI root. So i needed to edit some .js scripts (cant remember which one, i have write a howto about it somewhere in WPI forum) to point to the right folder.

So, i can conclude this is fixed in the last few versions? i will give it a try

Hmm, only thing I changed is the WPI.cmd and the config file. Nothing more. My WPI.cmd looks like this:

cmdow.exe @ /HID
@ECHO OFF

for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\WIN51 set CDROM=%%i:

set WPIPATH=%CDROM%\Install\WPI\

for /F "delims=: tokens=1" %%i in ("%WPIPATH%") DO %%i:

cd "%WPIPATH%"

start WPI.hta

If you want Windows to wait until WPI has finished, just use start wait instead of only start in the last line.

Hmm, only thing I changed is the WPI.cmd and the config file. Nothing more. My WPI.cmd looks like this:

cmdow.exe @ /HID
@ECHO OFF

for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\WIN51 set CDROM=%%i:

set WPIPATH=%CDROM%\Install\WPI\

for /F "delims=: tokens=1" %%i in ("%WPIPATH%") DO %%i:

cd "%WPIPATH%"

start WPI.hta

If you want Windows to wait until WPI has finished, just use start wait instead of only start in the last line.

But there is no wpi.cmd anymore in the latest WPI-release?

Yes you are right, but I still execute that WPI.cmd from winnt.sif as it was before WPI 5.0. Because if I use the cmdline method, I cannot define, that the desktop loads while WPI is starting/displayed, and this is what I need for some things.

Look in the changelog that is supplied with the WPI download it has been done you just need to save different configs and call them.

* Added command line support to specify different config and user options

files:

WPI.hta options=useroptions_mritter.js config=config_mritter.js check=Work timer=30

If a path is not specified for the file, it will assume they are in

WPIScripts.

It will still check for:

WPI.hta Work 30

for backwards compatibility. But update your tags, please. They will probably

change in the future. Thanks to Dje again for the code and help.

NOTE: Paths can be full (starting with a drive letter) or relative to WPI.hta

(starting with '.\' or '..\') and must end in '.js'. Spaces are supported only

is a path is provided and properly quoted: (config="c:\space in\file path.js").

Hi,

what I would find useful would be an option in the configuration screen to clone an entry, not only to add a new one. It would make it easy to create several similar entries without having to use an editor on the config.js ;)

Something else, I don't know who wrote the tool WPI config lister in the tools folder, but it would be nice, if that could handle entries > 999 withou error :whistle: so I could sort my programs with a bit more flexibility.

Thanx a lot for your great work !