spacing-left?

i know there is a padding-left option but there is no spacing-left option. this is for a table and i only want to have cell-spacing on the left side and top of the table, not on the right, the bottom doesnt matter. does anyone know of a way that i can do this? and through css?

no. b/c that would add a space to the right also. im not sure if there is an option for this. but i guess adding in a <td> with a width of like 3px will acceive what i want.

edit: well my idead worked, i just wich there was a more official way of doing it but i guess we have to do what we have to do.

well its just the stupid css, i just dont see why they would have css for cell-padding but not for cell-spacing. i almost never use cell-padding and in almost every site i make i use cell-spacing. ive gotta find a way to complain.

I always use margins, I don't like to use tables at all or spacings between tables.

you could try doing something like this in your css:

margin: 3px 0px 0px 3px;

or something like this <td style="margin: 3px 0px 0px 3px;"></td> same thing can go for <tr> I think.

edit: Sorry, I thought you wanted to space out content form a table :P. For something like that I use dummy column or row:

<td width="3px" bgcolor="#777777"></td>

Note that this might now work, everything has to be nested properly. ;)