Drive C is useing compatiblity mode

janus zeal

and i dont know why. ive tryed everything i can think of... My cdrom drive doesnt work, there is a resource conflict on "System Devices\Motherboard Resources" but i cant edit it from windows. all my unneeded bios devices are disabled (serial, lpt, floppy, etc)

(in another thread i said something else about this, this is on another system with another problem)

May not be this but i've seen that quite a few times when there is a mbr based virus, if that is so boot from a clean boot disk and type fdisk /mbr. That may help it, although it is possible it may make it worse.

and i dont know why. ive tryed everything i can think of... My cdrom drive doesnt work, there is a resource conflict on "System Devices\Motherboard Resources" but i cant edit it from windows. all my unneeded bios devices are disabled (serial, lpt, floppy, etc)

(in another thread i said something else about this, this is on another system with another problem)

Got a link or the specs on this thing.. I have seen it caused by a few things. Sometimes a bios update did the trick.. Others were because of some IDE controller drivers.

There is a chance it could be due to a failing IDE cable. That happened to me a few months ago, but I had a bunch of errors for that in the BIOS as well.

I'm guessing it is more likely the chipset drivers, because the last time I saw a drive using compatibility mode was when I had an external hard drive, and the USB 2.0 drivers were creating some weird conflicts. I'm sure there's a chance that the motherboard drivers could be doing the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a solution where you can fix your MBR. I don't know how it can be done. I read about it somewhere.

However, you can format drive C along with the last letter drive (H in my case).

Then, if you re-install Windows and still have the problem, simply you have to format all partitions.