[Release] XPize 4.5.1

XPero

Hey, thanks for the update to 4.5 XPero. I just saw that you already posted the alternate mirror on my server. So I don't have to say you, that I just uploaded the new files and they are ready to download. :P

cool :)

by the way, how are mpeg and avi files patched now?

do you use the filetype icon method? or patch windows media player files..

i dont have WMP on my main machine, so will need to extract them and do them myself if its not by filetype

Dynaletik:

Hehe, you're my mirror-man ;)

bledd:

The method has been and is by filetype. The thing is that if you want to uninstall those custom icons, XPize will turn them back to WMP defaults. If you dont have WMP, then you will get standard ugly icons (I pressume, never tried :P)

can you add Media Player Classic patching to the next version?

default location is "%programfiles%\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe"

couple of bitmaps and the main icons could do with sprusing up, at the moment i'm just manually change the two icons to the mpeg and avi ones from your pack :)

-also, in the msgina file, any chance of deleting the bitmap resources that are not for the current OS you're using.. -ie, remove the 2003 server and home ones if you're using pro, or at least blank them / make them simple

Edited by bledd

can you add Media Player Classic patching to the next version?

default location is "%programfiles%\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe"

couple of bitmaps and the main icons could do with sprusing up, at the moment i'm just manually change the two icons to the mpeg and avi ones from your pack :)

id also love to see that, K-Lite codec pack has a nice icon for the main program plus there is many png variations at the PNGFactory.

A "XPized" media player classic would be nice as I love MPC but i just hate the fact that everything looks so professional with XPize being installed and im stuck with win95 graphics for my media :(

Hi

Media Player Classic is just 1 file, so there is not really a default installation path. But you can say something like: if you want MPC to be patched place it in ...

Really amazing that there are still things improved in this version. It seemed already finished for some time.

Although I found some tiny imperfections:

- The batmeter icons have more colors than it can handle. I think it's better to make a 16 color version first instead of letting Windows reduce it to 16 colors. It looks the same, but for filesize it might be better. But the icons are very nice, I like them and I also made the 300.bmp based on it.

- The titel in the installer has a little edge in the Z.

- Version number of TaskSwitchXP Pro.

post-57426-1155217269_thumb.png