Intel Pro 100 VE driver, Gigabyte MB and RIS

I am setting up RIS and I have nearly all of my PC's working. But one is proving to be a right pain, Firstly I am very new to all this so if I am making an obvious mistake please tel me.

OK I have used RogueSpears AutoImage to intergrate the driverpacks and they appear to have worked but on this one machine (there are nearly 45 of this model) RIS works fine on the text mode section of the install only it fails on the Graphical side, not logging on to the domain. If I look in device manager the NIC driver has not loaded.

The motherboard is Gigabyte GA-81G1000MK and the onboard NIC reports to be a Intel pro 100 VE. Now I know I must be doing something really wrong and it is probably so simple (I hope) but I can't see the wood for the trees.

Edited by edie209

I'm not sure if you're using the DriverPacks or not, but Bashrat updated DP LAN like two days ago. Do you have other computers with the exact same motherboard working? If so I'm inclined to say it's defective hardware.

Fencer128 documented such a failure a few months back with some Intel mobos, so it's not impossible.

Hi RogueSpear

I think I might of confused what I was trying to say I have 45 pcs with this MB so I want it to work, as apposed to only 1 of the 45 not working.

As to BashRats upates I downloaded them this morning and tried them But I'm still getting the same error on the graphical side of the install

I would then suggest decompressing DP LAN, add a directory and put in the NIC drivers that came on the Gigabyte CD. Recompress with 7-Zip and see if that works. If it does not, I'd try another machine or call your vendor.

Seeing that the text mode portion of setup properly performs a PXE boot I wouldn't mess around with those drivers even if it turn out that a newer driver ends up working on the GUI side of things.

I tried that and it didn't work

Heres what I did

I expanded the DP_lan drivers pack found the Intel pro 100 drivers overwrote the drivers there and repackaged them. Is this correct or should I create a new directory and if so what should I call it?

Thanks

Well what I really meant was to just create a new directory and throw them in there. If you still have that computer "installed".. where it didn't pick up the device during GUI setup, why don't you try to log in and manually install the drivers from the Gigabyte CD to see if even that will work.

Ultimately I'd like to confirm that you have a good piece of hardware and / or appropriate drivers from Gigabyte.

Hi there RogueSpear, I have tried that and the drivers work, there is no issues with driver signing they install perfect. When install everthing is fine the PC interacts with the network fine.

Those drivers were almost three years old so I really don't see why they wouldn't work. I have installed computers via RIS that have Intel NICs and are anywhere from 6 years old to bought last month. I'm a little bit at a loss and can only suggest at this point that you take a look for any out of the ordinary BIOS settings. If these clients still have a BIOS with the setting "PnP Operating System", I'd suggest setting it to "No" or "Disabled".