Integrating fonts and some cosmetics

In what file do I need to edit add fonts, is it in the I386 folder? Also I like XPize but I'd like to be skin stuff my self before the installation. If I was to use something like Windows Blinds, could I skin Windows and then copy the edited files that Windows Blinds has done and then add them into some file in I386?

There have been numerous threads on adding fonts and skinning Windows. Remember, the search tool here is the best resource you'll find.

I will tell you this, fonts are easy. Skinning on the other hand (using WindowBlinds) will be much trickier.

TO change the visual style and icons of Windows XP you need to take a few steps,

1) you windows xp has to be running a "patched" version of uxtheme.dll to allow custom visual styles to be applied. so you windows setup needs to have this dll prior to insall.

2) either via registry or i think in the unattend.sif file you can change the theme to the new theme visual style you want to use

As for changing the icons, if you have a shell32.dll which has already had its icons changed you need to delete the shell32.dl_ and compress your new file and place it in palce of the file you just deleted.

If however you need to make your own shell32.dll, the way i do it is using an app called reshack http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

I believe there is better apps out there, so you may want to look around.