What all do I need?

That's right, there are a lot of updates/patches/tweaks/etc that you can do. I would suggest you read the sticky topics and then check out the website for each "program".

I have personally only used the Unofficial Windows 98SE Service Pack 2.1a. There is also the W98SE2ME that you can use if you have a Windows Millenium disc. You might want to check out the Win 9x Power Pack, which has all of the different "programs" in one handy download, instead of searching around for each different update. Although, you will probably learn more if you take them one at a time, starting with the unofficial service pack. It is hard to tell you what the best way to update is, it just depends on what you want the computer to do, and how you want the interface to appear.

Unnofficial Service Pack 2.1a

Installs all the major 98SE updates except wmplayer, ie, directx

98SE2ME

Replaces some 98se files with better ME files

Maximum-Decim Native USB Drivers

gives you native plug and play usb support so you can plug in just about any mass storage device and it will work (Windows ME CD Required)

Revolutions Pack Lite

Gives 98se a XP\Vista look (Windows ME CD Required)

WMP10 in windows 98

Installs windows media player 10 files over wmp9 files

Enable48BitLBA

Allows you to have 48lba hard disks with out curruption (137GB+)

these are the main updates, Powerpack is more of a pack with everything for 98\98SE\ME

• 1 month later...
I know about the drivers, I was just wondering because there seem to be a lot of update packs and a few unofficial fixes.

you may also want to put in as much RAM as possible on the Toshiba Satellite Pro 480CDT notebook computer. how much RAM does the Toshiba 480CDT laptop PC have? right-click on the My Computer on the desktop and choose Properties.