Installation stucks on 13 minutes left

axbuddy

Anyone already has the installation stuck on 13 mintes left ? I thought it was due to the addon but I removed them and still stuck on 13 minutes Looks like cmdow is running at this moment, It may be due to it.

Edited by axbuddy

If cmdow is running then my guess would be some sort of batch file is stuck at that point. 13 min mark is when most of the switchless installer addons are installed. If any of them get stuck then it would cause a problem.

• 8 months later...

I just did an XP Home install on VMware... It took 3 hours from the 13 minutes left time to complete the install... I had all hot fixes to date, IE7 & WMP11 plust a few addons from RyanVM site.... It sucks, I know... But it works a treat.

Ticcer

use the ryanvm hotfix pack instead of manually adding all hotfixes, much cleaner :)

Ya know, I did try that... But it does not seem to like the MS installer of IE7.. I had all sorts of Errors coming up... I didn't want to use the IE7 addon from the RyanVM site either, as it, lack of a better word, it's not perfect yet. I'm supporting a few users who wouldn't know a keyboard from a CPU so I have to have things as simple as possible.

With the DVD's I've made for these people so far, everything works as expected... (apart from the 3.5 hour install time experienced with XP Home... I've never experienced it with XP Pro) ...

One thing though... I don't understand why the RyanVM hotfix pack is any cleaner... If I use all the same original hotfixes that are in that pack, surely they do the same thing, does they not??

Cheers

Ticcer

Cleaner in the sense that Ryan put everything together in a nice neat installer and there is last chance of this conflicting.

When the installation hangs at 13mins, have you tired exiting the command window, or restarting to computer and see if it continues on faster? If it works, make sure nothing was affect though.