where to get vista

desmataks

from where i can get vista as it is in beta so it is free by microsoft

So guys where can i get dvd of latest beta version free of cost..

i didnt find on microsoft any link to get free dvd..as they gave sp2 cd free before

here you go, i think this is what you wanted.

edit: wait, i think they have stopped releasing the beta for now, you might have to sign up for an MSDN account to get it. sorry.

Edited by Cygnus

When microsoft made the DVD available you had to pay for it (About £11. It had x32 and x64 DVDs, and they would also ship RC1 when it was ready), or you could have downloaded it for free and burned the ISO to your own DVD.

I think MS have now stopped this though as the uptake on it was incredible!

Edited by Biohead

microsoft has turned off the beta download of Beta 2, i think the ordering is also done, you will have to wait and see if RC1 will be available or if you have a msdn account or technet account you could get it also

Build 5492 is availible to TAP-testers and will be the last availible Build before RC1.

And the RC1 will be availible to all people who want to test it, not even to the people who activated Beta2.

Will Microsoft open testing sign-ups again when RC1 is released?

Yes.

Will the Customer Preview Program be available for those who missed out on Beta 2 to sign up and get RC1?

Yes.

If I participated in Beta 2 by downloading a PID and the build, will I be able to participate in RC1 automatically?

Yes.

http://blogs.technet.com/windowsvista/arch.../10/445959.aspx

Having tried both betas of Vista, I would advise NOT to get it so soon. There are tons of bugs and graphical errors. Wait until the final release before you install it on your hard-drive.

Regardless, there are many who can't sleep without having the latest alphas and betas of everything they use, including their actual OS.