Laptop problem

DarkCloud

OK, I'm working on a laptop and I'm having problems with the CD drive. The drive works fine except for one thing, it won't boot from my XP CD that I burned. I restart the laptop with the bootable CD and it reads it, but just as it's getting ready to say "Press any key to boot from CD" etc., it just hangs and won't do anything. I tried using a real copy of an XP Home that I bought years ago and that one boots fine.

I tried the burned CD on my PC and it boots no problem. I was thinking of maybe using Norton Ghost to make a copy of my PCs OS to then put on CD for the laptop, but wasn't sure if that would work.

So far the only thing I've tried is creating a new installation from within Windows on the laptp, but after it reboots and starts the real installation, all I get are errors. I'm just trying to install a fresh copy of XP on the laptop but I'm getting nowhere. Any ideas that don't require me to purchase software/hardware??

OK, I'm working on a laptop and I'm having problems with the CD drive. The drive works fine except for one thing, it won't boot from my XP CD that I burned. I restart the laptop with the bootable CD and it reads it, but just as it's getting ready to say "Press any key to boot from CD" etc., it just hangs and won't do anything. I tried using a real copy of an XP Home that I bought years ago and that one boots fine.

I tried the burned CD on my PC and it boots no problem. I was thinking of maybe using Norton Ghost to make a copy of my PCs OS to then put on CD for the laptop, but wasn't sure if that would work.

So far the only thing I've tried is creating a new installation from within Windows on the laptp, but after it reboots and starts the real installation, all I get are errors. I'm just trying to install a fresh copy of XP on the laptop but I'm getting nowhere. Any ideas that don't require me to purchase software/hardware??

Hmm. sounds like it might be the cd drive.. Have you seen if you can read all the files off the cd from within windows on the laptop? If it cant, cd drive isnt going to do for getting it installed.. Otherwise, burn the cd slower.. That is the only help I can think of relating to the drive.

Hey, you happen to be Dark Cloud from the DHP forum?