DriverPacks BASE native multibootDisc support: TESTERS WANTED

This feels like spamming MSFN :P:lol: But I guess this is in the best interest of at least some in this subforum...

The DriverPacks BASE has gained native multibootDisc support. It has already had it for a while, but it wasn't configurable through the GUI yet. In DriverPacks BASE 6.08, which will be released very soon, there will be full support for it.

But because multibootDiscs are used relatively rare, it has not yet been tested yet. First let's see how much animo there is: if you'd like to test it, just make a post in this topic!

@Bâshrat

Since the changes you've made with the latest gui versions of the BASE it's very easy to implement your packs on a multi-boot disc anyway.

Using M2:

Simply run the BASE on each OS and copy the OEM folder to root of the disc (for one of them), done.

I can't see that anything else needs to be done unless you wish to have different driver or KtD setups for each OS.

Thats just my take anyway.

Keep up the good work.

Yes i Would like to test it.

I am trying to put in driverpacks on my multiboot dvd but i kind of lost on how to do it right ther seams not to be a new up to date guides on how to do this on multiboot dvd.

so am realy nead som professional help with my dvd setup here :huh:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=80081

Is ther a way to download a newer version of DriverPacks BASE than version 6.06.1 to test ?

@Bâshrat

Since the changes you've made with the latest gui versions of the BASE it's very easy to implement your packs on a multi-boot disc anyway.

Perhaps, but now you can configure each OS and then slipstream them all simultaneously. And a shared OEM dir will be created: that's more effective. (Yes, I know that when you can create the ISO you can enable an option that would only write it once to the ISO anyway, but this is more clean ;)).

Is ther a way to download a newer version of DriverPacks BASE than version 6.06.1 to test ?

I've made you a beta tester at my forum (I've seen you've joined my forum) and now you have access to the beta ;)

Note that 6.08 will be released without multibootDisc support being tested: there just aren't enough users for it now... Just submit bugreports and I'll fix it, and will probably provide multibootDisc users continuously with updated builds.

Edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I started out just trying to create a Windows XP install DVD (with all of my purchsed SW pre configured and reg'd) and then I realized I needed to add some better, or sometimes Newer drivers to my dvd.

I started this project as a solution to creating my own disaster recovery disc, but wanted to do this as opposed to just creating a Bootable Ghost-DVD self installer (because I am purchasing a new computer in a few months)

I would be happy to test you'r driver-packs.

I actually have already downloaded everything from your driverpacks site, so far my only complaint is tht if i include everything onto the disc it gives me the error that only part of the driivers will get used, and to use method 2.

I am doing all of this with VMWare 5.2 which I fortunately got for 19.99 as a student from school! yay for school!