VPN & LAN Connection Question

Believe it or not I haven't regularly vpn'd until here recently. I've researched this a little bit, but really haven't found what I am looking for. I have a LAN connection obviously, that I'm using to connect to the VPN. I would like to be able to use my normal LAN connection for all Internet usage while being able to use the VPN for only remoting into machines across the network. There is a proxy on the VPN.... once I connect I lose all connectivity on everything LAN based. TIA.

Going to need a lot more information to help you on this one. For instance.. what VPN client? And I'm assuming from your post this is a client to network VPN?

I am using the default PPTP Windows VPN Connection (had issues with Cisco)... and yes it's into a network wide VPN concentrator. Everything works fine as far as the VPN functionality, I just want to be able to surf and all other things using my default connection.. and have the VPN connection be just that, another connection that I'm only going to be using for VPN into my network.

• 2 weeks later...