[How To] USB Battery

prx984

USB Battery Update

I'v updated the USB battery. Instead of using a single 9v, it now uses 4 AA batteries. Heres some pics of it. Well one pic, the first one is the battery charging my pocket pc, the second is of the pocket pc, a clean close up so you can see the charge indicator. I know my last name is there lol, please ignore it though :P

th_SUNP0006.jpg

th_SUNP0003.jpg

Maybe I'll just end up ordering these parts from a nearby store... Too busy to go over... And I REALLY want to build one of these! Great job, Cygnus!

BTW, if you are using rechargeable AA batteries for the above, you do not need a regulator as the charge will only be approximately 5.11V. However, you will need a regulator if you use four normal AA batteries (Duracell, Energizer, etc.) as the charge will be 6V (not safe, must be around 5V). ;)

Thanks to Cygnus for explaining that! ;)

Maybe I'll just end up ordering these parts from a nearby store... Too busy to go over... And I REALLY want to build one of these! Great job, Cygnus!

BTW, if you are using rechargeable AA batteries for the above, you do not need a regulator as the charge will only be approximately 5.11V. However, you will need a regulator if you use four normal AA batteries (Duracell, Energizer, etc.) as the charge will be 6V (not safe, must be around 5V). ;)

Thanks to Cygnus for explaining that! ;)