irritating problem: nlite+windvd

textured

hi.

i used nlite to rename my 'program files' directory. so far ive installed dozens of programs without a problem, until today i installed windvd 7 and it added a ghost 'program files' directory in order to install the interactual player and common files. if i move these files into my real (renamed) directory, will it screw up my registry?

it wont screw up the registry but the program wont run the right way or not at all. do u fix this go into the registry and try to find all instances of this path in program files and change it to whatever you want. this happens to me all the time, it gets annoying. its just lazy programers.

where would it be in the registry, or how should i search for it? thanks.

The best thing to do is is to actually look before asking. You may find WinDVD under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE or it may be the name of the company who develops it.

i was responding to the 'all instances'-- if all the keys are only in one basic spot then fine but it seemed like it might be in *several* places in the reg. no need to tell me the 'best thing' is to just simply know before asking!

In regedit, highlight My computer (top of the tree in the left pane), then Edit menu, find, type in what your'e searching for, make sure all three boxes are checked, click find next. That will bring you to the first match it finds. After you've edited that one, press F3, it will search for the next match; edit it, press F3, etc. proceed in that way untill you get to the end message comes up 'finished searching through the registry'.