Ever have your wisdom teeth out?

prx984

Well, Have you?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. have you had your wisdom teeth out?

• yes
    • no
    • going to soon

i used gas.. An had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled out.. I couldn't feel a damm thing Since i was knocked out that bad.. Of course when i got home all i did was sleep for the rest of the day and night because of it...

isn't sleeping great? :lol:

i just came back from the dentist. f*** 8:30 is too early for an appointment! well one of my wisdom teeth formed abnormally so that there is a little hole in it where plaque build up... not my fault tho :) the dentist is going to wait to see if my mouth has the space for my wisdom teeth, otherwise they need to fill the hole so it doesnt become bigger. but most likely i'll have enough space. but filling a cavity way back there is going to hurt alot too.

ooo hopefully you do have enough room for the teeth so you dont need to have em out. if they gotta fill a cavity back there, your going to have pain just from them wrenching your jaw open. mine still hurts a lot just because of the that. the actual holes and that in my mouth no longer hurt.

Mine were growing straight, but too far back to clean well or fill. Had the upper two removed, so no problem with dry socket--and fortunately, no sinus flooring either. It wasn't painful, even though I had local anasthetic only. Just a bit unsettling to feel the tooth rip out of the socket--a sensation interesting enough that I was happy to skip the gas.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

All four of mine came through at once and it didnt leave a lot of room for my other teeth which started to bend and twist. A couple even broke. So i had day surgery and got all four out and a broken one. Best way to do it. Go to sleep and wake up with a mouth full of cotton

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, I had all four of mine out 3-4 days ago. I got gas + IV; the whole ordeal took less than an hour, recovery time included. To be honest, it doesn't even hurt at all. In fact, I had a sandwich that evening and went back to work the next day. My gums bled constantly for two days after the surgery, but haven't had any blood since. Just be sure to swish your mouth out with salt water every couple of hours (especially after eating) to prevent them from becoming infected. I still haven't filled the prescription for the pain meds. The swelling sucks, but my cheeks have mostly gone back to normal. Did I mention to rinse your mouth with salt water every couple hours? Getting a good surgeon helps, too.

I had mine taken out some years ago. I was given an introvenous sedative and I was away with the fairies. But there's no way I'm going to go through with it again! :whistle:

Edited by FAT64

• 1 month later...

i had all 4 out last august i think, except they hadnt come up yet and were pressing against the other teeth so i had to have them out cause i had infection before, it was a bit weird because you remember just before you went out and waking up i thought it was weird and i was all puffy and stuff afterwards, but in some ways it meant i had a 5day holiday because it was in the middle of the week i had them taken out but anyway

• 2 weeks later...