[Solved] How to detect nLite's footprint on a source?

T D

Other than the size and the "Customized by nLite (nliteos.com) <version.#.here>" comments at the end of txtsetup.sif and svcpack.inf, how can we check if nLite has been used on a source?

I, like lots of ppl, back up my discs as iso's so if I lose it, I can burn another one, or if I need it and I still have it, I can mount it in daemon tools and use it faster. I backed up a Win2k source but I don't know if I nlited it or not. How can I tell (no last_session.ini's (i delete them anyway) and no comments under key source files)?

Thx

Edited by T D

you could also check time stamp of files. It's not as definitive, but say you're a person that nLites but removes the nLite.inf.

if when nLite does barely anything, it still atleast opens and writes around 8-9 files that can be found in the folder.

That's true but I'm not checking nlitenment of a source, but an Iso. I don't take out the nlite.inf, I don't even know what it does :)

I did a file compare by extracting the iso and comparing it w/my original 2k disc. Why I didn't think of that.... anyway, it wasn't nlited.