Screen Resolution

Screen resolution  

42 members have voted

1. 1. When working with WPI, what screen resolution do you use?

• 640x480
    • 800x600
    • 1024x768
    • 1280x1024
    • 1600x1200
    • Other

But I have 3840x1024.

Matrox Parhelia spread across 3 17" LCD monitors.

I have the same config and like it a lot. It is great for productivity.

@Dumpy Dooby: We are referring to this card. But there are others. I'm not sure if the bloated, .net-based PowerDesk software that comes with the Parhelia will meet your needs...but it does have some neat options.

Note to gamers: The parhelia can't really handle most modern games. I can run UT2004 in "Surround Gaming" mode but have to turn off most of the pretty-ific options and drop the resolution down to 2400x800 in order to get a decent framerate.

Use 1024X768 on all 4 computer, home and work, but use an odd sized on mylaptop.

Dumpy Dooby: as far as having 3 monitors, you can use just about any video card, they have special adapters out there you can put inline and use with to add more monitor outpus.

Another option is they also make a USB to Monitor output device, about $100 for each one, come with software and work perfict. I have personaly seen 8 monitors all hooked up at one on one computer. (Seen at an electronics show) They were playing some kinda filght sim that you could have up to 16 used at the same time to see all around you up, down, and side to side. 3 in front 2 in rear one below him and 1 on each side of him. It was something else to look at freeking amzing. the main reason they were using it was to show off the usb to monitor adapter, they were using a AMD 64XP 2.4ghz 2GB MEM so it can be done I am looking at getting a few for myself. Hope that answers your question.