Screen Resolution

Screen resolution  

42 members have voted

1. 1. When working with WPI, what screen resolution do you use?

• 640x480
    • 800x600
    • 1024x768
    • 1280x1024
    • 1600x1200
    • Other

I am giving the Options wizard a MAJOR overhaul, followed by the Config wizard, and need to decide on some dimensions for the "window". I need to know how small I can make it and still be usable with different languages.

What resolution is your desktop when you are editting your config? Not the resolution after installing Windows, reboot, and WPI starts. What is your normal everyday working resolution.

800x600 when windows is installing.(because graphic driver is not installed yet)

1024x768 after windows installation is complete.

1024x768 - editting config

Edited by billjrm

What is your normal everyday working resolution.

1400 x 900 !! It rocks ... i was telling everyone "no! wait another year before going LCD" and not 2 weeks later, i purchase a 16:10 screen (for under A$600)

I do have to report that it is impossible to be happy trying to configure anything using 1024 x 768. It does mention that 1280 x 1024 is the recommended size, but some just don't have that.

Otherwise this is the best thing!!! 5.2 looks much sleeker than 5.1 and is much much much faster, especially the lag when using the mouse. The lag is no more.

@soporific 1400x900......not bad. But I have 3840x1024.

Matrox Parhelia spread across 3 17" LCD monitors. If I had the desk space I would get the newer card and add a 4th monitor.

What card do you have that allows 3 monitors at once? Also, can you have #3 mirror #2 and have #2 be extended from #1? (sorry if that's confusing, but that's what we're really wanting at my work)

Edited by Dumpy Dooby