A Couple of Suggestions

pupil

I've been playing with nLite all week (terrific program, infinitely better than XPLite, which I have used up to now), but I've got a few suggestions just to clean things up a bit, correct me if I've missed something and these are already do-able.

1) In Control Panel>Network Connections - The icon for "Network Setup Wizard" is still there even though I removed this with nLite. It gives the error: "Error loading hnetwiz.dll The specified module could not be found" when I double click it. You shoud probably tie this to be removed when you choose the Network Setup Wizard to be removed when creating your nLite'd CD.

2) Similar to the point mentioned above, In My Network Places - The icon for "Wireless Network Setup Wizard" is still there even though I removed all the "Wireless Zero Configuration" Service with nLite. You shoud probably tie this to be removed when you choose Wireless Zero Configuration to be removed when creating your nLite'd CD.

3) When looking at the properties for your different Network Connections (eg Ethernet, Wireless connection etc), even though I have removed "Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)", the advanced Tab is still there on the properties window, even though its only function is to change settings for Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing. As far as I can see, the removal of this tab could be tied to the removal of "Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)" in nLite.

4) Could you include the ability to remove the volume control panel in nLite, I figure this is very easy but just has been overlooked so far. I have an M-Audio Soundcard, so use the Volume Control Software that comes with this application, so have no use for the XP Volume Control Software. Hey, even XPlite can remove this ;)

5) Did I miss the ability to remove the service "Fast User Switching Compatibility", or isn't this able to be removed (yet?)

I think that's it for now. Most are pretty superficial, but I'm just trying to think of things to move this excellent program further towards the state of perfection!

ta.

Edited by pupil

you can remove fast user switching... i think its part of shell services... read the descriptions...

and im sure if you can find out what you have to do to remove the icons/tabs and tell nuhi he can add it in ;) unless it causes compatibility problems

you can remove fast user switching... i think its part of shell services... read the descriptions...

oh yeah, unfortunately its grouping together Shell Hardware Detection and Themes with Fast User Switching, and I like to retain Themes Service as I use a custom theme that makes things look pretty. Any way these can be seperated or are they intrinsically linked?

and im sure if you can find out what you have to do to remove the icons/tabs and tell nuhi he can add it in ;) unless it causes compatibility problems

Fair play, I shall have a look into the reigistry and see if I can figure it out, just thought I'd send these ideas out into the wild in case nuhi (or anyone else) fancies looking into them too.