help me out guys ? in playing game

rahul_puri20

whenever I play "Need for speed underground-II" my computer automaticaly turned off after 10-15 minutes. I don't know what is the problem I have AMD athlon 3200+ adn 1 GB ram .

can anyone tell me why it happens with only this game ?

it used to happen to me when i was playing city of heroes, the reason was that my video card got to hot so the computer was shuting down and that aggrevated me alot, don't know if thats the case for you, maybe check if the card is hot when it happens again

New computers have a auto temp monitoring in the BIOS, their it can be and usually is hard coded to shut down at specific temps. If you are experienceing that, suggest upgrading the fans in the case and heatsink/fan on CPU, As i have mentioned on another post, the case size and design is often overlooked for wiring placement and airflow.

Hapenned with me when i was playing the god-father. turns out my psu wasn't giving out enough juice, and everything rebooted. as said before we need all the system specs

Edited by sven

Ripken, for someone with a custom user title of "The Hardware Guy", you need to give more obvious suggestions. There's more to problems than just temperatures these days...

Anyway, that probably sounds a bit blunt, but it's true. My girlfriend's PC did the same thing when she played Sims 2 for 5 minutes. Turns out the RAM was bad. So run Memtest on your system to rule that out.

well on both my old computer and my friends current computer, gaming is really not an option b/c the temps just go way to high. when a video card goes above 80C... some games are very demanding too. and the point that it only happens with this 1 game is strange.