I want to remove AU

SammyDawn

I want to remove Automatic Updates but when (this is not mainly a nlite topic) I tried to remove AU from my Components in setup it asked me to find those files on the CD in setup like

so and so is missing.

press esc to skip

press enter to try again.

press F3 to Exit setup

So how can I remove AU or at least fix the AU.INF File without errors because I run a server not a vunerability farm. :wacko:

So how can I fix Automatic Updates not to come up or run at all.

PS: I keep integrating updates manually, remove a lot of services so I shouldn't need much security updates, and I keep making security updates to the W2K Adv. Server Disks so I won't get hacked.

I need some more help.

I am not trying to be rude but WebMadman got banned and all his messages no longer contain the site.

Can anyone post a link to RyanVMs forum with the Remove Component update packs for RVM Integrator. Please! :(

Still thank you WebMadman but please keep the links there for other members. just post the smiley after I said thank you?

Also Mods, and the Admin why can't we cache, or archive these forums so less people have to ask questions which reduces support work.

Edited by SammyDawn

XP ONLY!

These are Viers Supress Addons http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?...&highlight=

With Viers you have to use the integrator becuz these addons actually create a replacer addon of the program or service you remove from the XP CD so if you change your mind and want to re-integrate them you can use the addons created by the RVM Integrator, just look in the XP integration folder, you can delete them or copy to the HDD for later use.

here are just the Remove Addons http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1769

Will posting this get me banned?

What happened to webmadman?... Whad he do?

Edited by ricktendo64

I tried the remove components update packs on Windows 200 Adv. Server and it worked fine so no problems with the Remove Programs Update Packs. Or at least if your talking about RyamVMs update packs.

If it's another remove software I will give that a try and see if it works. If it does you can say it's for 2000 and XP only.

Also another report. Great News Webmadman is unbanned. They must have made a error. We all make errors sometimes.

Heres a saying from me "If Any human makes no mistakes even in making Operating Systems there would be no need for corrections, and security updates"

Also is there any way to disable, remove, or supress Computer Browser, Workstation and Distributed File System. They are causing me problems because they are whining (exageration) I removed a vunerable software called "NetWare" I removed a vunerable software called "NetWare" Alert! Alert!. WHat really happened is I just got 3 errors saying

Computer Browser can't function without Workstation

Distributed File System can't function without Workstation

Workstation can't function(No reason this time)

Is there any workaround, or any nlite, HFSLIP, or any way to stop Computer Browser, Workstation and Distributed File System?

Edited by SammyDawn