HELP me with activation

I have maked a unattended windows xp pro (NL) SP2 cd (with nLite)

If i installed windows with that cd, all the things are good, even the cd key (I mean: windows don't say anything)

After instal windows I restart my pc, all the things are good, but windows say after restart, you don't have a legal version of windows xp.

While I have input my cd key wich I used for the windows before (that was windows xp pro (NL) and then later the instal of SP2, there were never problems.

What can i do now?

Find a good new cd key? - Yes? - Where can I find these?

Or is there another way?

Microsoft.GAD.DT.JPG

2 years ago, I have had this code of a 16 years pc maker/programmer in my village, i can't ask him were find this code, because he is 1 year ago asked for work by KPN in the ICT office in Finland, he has do that.:P

I instal here before always first Windows XP PRO and then later SP2, there were no problems, now have i SP2 integrated and add RyanVM's Hotfixes Pack, and he say after instalation that he is illegal

The second tab is OEM, if it is Retail the second tab have the name: Retail?

And i can download with torrents, but a dutch Windows XP PRO SP2 Retail, is a big problem

A find the best way to change your cd key this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q328874

and than use a script

@ bezalel, thats not so, what cd key you input, always he say the last 15 characters only, i think for the safe

Edited by arco

With OEM licenses of Windows XP (when Windows is preinstalled on a system you purchase or purchase an OEM) the license stays with the computer and you may not recieve Tech support. If you get rid of the computer, you lose the Win XP License.

However, with the Retail version of the license, it can be transferred to another computer AFTER it is fully uninstalled from the original computer. Retail version also gets you 3 free Tech Support calls. Any hangup with activation or registration only takes a phone call to Microsoft to explain what you are doing with your retail copy of the software.

How can you tell the difference? OEM product keys have OEM in the key number. Volume Licenses are 1 license per machine, if a license (software) is FULLY removed from one machine, it may be installed on another.

Microsoft licensing information can be found at microsoft.com/licensing.

Edited by Shindo_Hikaru

With OEM licenses of Windows XP (when Windows is preinstalled on a system you purchase or purchase an OEM) the license stays with the computer and you may not recieve Tech support. If you get rid of the computer, you lose the Win XP License.

However, with the Retail version of the license, it can be transferred to another computer AFTER it is fully uninstalled from the original computer. Retail version also gets you 3 free Tech Support calls. Any hangup with activation or registration only takes a phone call to Microsoft to explain what you are doing with your retail copy of the software.

How can you tell the difference? OEM product keys have OEM in the key number. Volume Licenses are 1 license per machine, if a license (software) is FULLY removed from one machine, it may be installed on another.

Microsoft licensing information can be found at microsoft.com/licensing.

OEM Licenses cost less than half of what a retail licence costs. You would have to be transeffing the OS to a third PC before you realize any savings if you buy retail.