Files missing during textmode

nautical

I removed several drivers using Nlite and when setup is copying files during the textmode setup (first part) it says "xxxxx is missing. Press esc to skip...enter to retry, etc". These files are the drivers i removed...how do i get setup to stfu without holding esc?

You may need to edit your txtsetup.sif file and comment out the driver files from the sourcefiles section.

That will eliminate the setup process from looking for those files.

You may need to edit your txtsetup.sif file and comment out the driver files from the sourcefiles section.

That will eliminate the setup process from looking for those files.

thats manually deleting hundreds of entires :o . Isn't there another way?

Edited by nautical

First of all attach (don't copy paste) your preset and tell me at least 3 files which were missing for me to try, thx.

My preset? Do you mean my "Last Session" file? Anyways here it is. I removed mostly drivers, such as printer drivers, display drivers, WLAN drivers, scanner drivers, etc.

Here are some files that are missing. I randomly selected them from the hundreds of "missing" files. Many of them seem to be scanner drivers.

acerscan.inf

epsnscan.inf

igames.inf (probably internet games?)

irdasmc.inf

mdm3com.inf

Last_Session__2006.07.25_12.14.31_.ini

Edited by nautical

Randomly? That is not possible except in corrupted cds.

Anyway are you sure you didn't overwrite txtsetup.sif somehow after nlite?

Maybe some tool or something you used?

Sorry, what I wrote was kind of confusing. I randomly selected the list from the hundreds of "missing" files. Here is my txtsetup.sif.

I've been using batch commands and Bashrat's driverpack integrator, but it worked fine after I integrated his LAN and Chipset drivers. When I went to integrate his graphics and sound drivers I had to remove some components so I could fit it all on the CD. I removed the printer, scanner, display, and WLAN drivers as well as a few other things. That's when setup started saying some files were missing.

edit: attachment isnt working and i have to go right now...ill attach it/host it when i get home.

Edited by nautical

Did you use driverpacks after nlite and no more nlite after it?

Since adding the driverpacks, I've only used nlite to create the ISO and for nothing else. I'm starting to do more advanced things than nlite can do (like batch files to delete desktop/start menu shortcuts or adding programs that aren't SVCPACK compatible) so I've just been using it to create the ISO after I've edited the XPCD folder.

If you want I can take screenshots of the contents of my XPCD and/or upload individual files.

Edited by nautical

You said it yourself...you do more than nlite so how can i know that it is nlite mistake. When you find out what is causing it let us know if it's something I can fix on my part.

You said it yourself...you do more than nlite so how can i know that it is nlite mistake. When you find out what is causing it let us know if it's something I can fix on my part.

Well...i just started from scratch and it was fine. I imagine it was a conflict between bashrats driverpacks and nlite.

Nothing to fix on your part...nlite is still awesome :thumbup.