PC freezing when any load is put on it

LordFett

Jup, but still 100 bucks more if you still have the RAM. Believe me, I’m switching to AM2 too, not even selling S754 any more except the system that are used for almost 1 year here in my cybercafé.

I´m selling this board now; the ASUS M2NPV-VM Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 and it rules of the DDR2 800MHz speed.

Here is Socket a boards

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....=&maxPrice=

To elimnate my sisters PC woes, i am building here a new system.

Only I would do that if you are sure the CPU is 100% ;)

Yea, i would move to AMD AM2 boards too, in terms of upgradeability, but if you the pc you have now is for lite gameing and office use, then you decide. I decided to build my sister a new PC (about 404 dollars) so she can do here college work, flight simulators, and other things, oh yea, did i mention she is in the Air Force.

Well u said when this happens, u have to power off the power supply and then start it up? sounds to me like ur psu is tripping if thats the case.. have u ever tried swapping out the psu?

Well u said when this happens, u have to power off the power supply and then start it up? sounds to me like ur psu is tripping if thats the case.. have u ever tried swapping out the psu?

I gave him this tip before and he told me he´s going to try it. I think the same in this case ;).

New psu is in. Caps checked, nothing appears to be leaking.

They don't necessarily have to be leaking. Check the caps for "BULGING" primarily at the top. If you see that they look like they are bulging, then you have some bad caps. Had this happen on my KA7-100, talk about a pain just finding the caps. Had to order them from Digi-Key. I'll see if I can't find the picture of them and post it here.

Here's a link to some pics at the badcaps.net site. Mine were worse than what shows in the photo's :wacko:

http://www.badcaps.net/ident/

jd

Edited by 03GrandAmGT

Ran Prime95 for about 5 minutes and it froze.

[Wed Aug 02 23:48:50 2006]ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUT

Possible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.

Don't see any way to see what the hardware failure is.

I think i'm going to give the 754 board a shot.

New psu is in. Caps checked, nothing appears to be leaking.

They don't necessarily have to be leaking. Check the caps for "BULGING" primarily at the top.

Yeah, I'm not going to go through all that for this board. Thanks for the help everyone and all the great advice. If you want to recomend a 754 and AMD for <$150 usd post the link here. Needs to have agp 8x and 184 pin DDR memory compatability.

HOLD ON!

You are going to trow in a FX 5200? Are you serious? It´s way better to buy a mobo with 6100/6150 chipset dude ;). it´s faster AND better then the 5200 AND has PCI-E 16x.

Think about it! :hello:

much better choice on the processor there. i was looking at that for you but it was over your budget. good luck with your new stuff.

haha, and look at the combo deals for the processor. you can get a free mobo, although they suck..

much better choice on the processor there. i was looking at that for you but it was over your budget.
by like $5.99 heh. Plus the CPU comes with a free mobo I can toss up on eBay or use in the next system I sell/upgrade.
good luck with your new stuff.

Thanks. I hate buying older stuff like this, but I just got my new system in early Feb and I have to keep each computer at least 2 years.