burn ISO to a DVD with Nero

gilligan

Hi everyone,

I am new here and I am sorry if my question has already been asked. Here is my problem. I tried to burn a ISO image (that exceeds 2GB) to a DVD with Nero 7 Ultra Edition, and when it was done, instead of having the program in the DVD, I got the ISO image itself as it is in my HD. Any help please would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...
under nero you have to choose the burn image option not the data disk option. Ive mesed that up a couple times and had to throw out a couple disks.

Same here, wasted many disks... by selecting to burn the ISO to the disk, you are doing just that, basically copying the file to the disk. You you need to actually burn the image itself to the disk, which extracts the files within the ISO to the disk. As LLXX has said you could use WinISO or IsoBuster to verify the integrity of the file. In Nero select burn image, or you can use Nero Express > go to Image, Project, Copy > selct Disk Image or Saved Project. Then just select your ISO and burn!

Open Nero Burning Rom. On the opening screen select cancel. From the menu select Recorder -> Burn Image. Select your ISO. Select your options on the next screen & click burn. On the next screen of teh actual process you can select verify if you wish to.

You must keep in mind that Nero has a problem in burning a CD image to a DVD. It treats both differently.

Edited by pmshah

You must keep in mind that Nero has a problem in burning a CD image to a DVD. It treats both differently.

The poster's iso was >2GB so we can assume it's a DVD image.

If Nero refuses to burn a CD iso to DVD, what would be your workaround?

Hi everyone,

I am new here and I am sorry if my question has already been asked. Here is my problem. I tried to burn a ISO image (that exceeds 2GB) to a DVD with Nero 7 Ultra Edition, and when it was done, instead of having the program in the DVD, I got the ISO image itself as it is in my HD. Any help please would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

You may try to use magiciso to burn iso image to dvd.

http://www.magiciso.com/