Zxian.org

Zxian

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I just signed up for the basic plan over a DreamHost. I definately don't have much on my site yet, but I only managed to get things up and running today.

Zxian.org

Keep looking here to see what new things come out of this. I'm really excited to have my own webspace where I can do just about anything...

Can't wait. :)

But I can already annoy you : there seems to be a problem in IE at the top of the page. :P

Haha... The page looks horrible in IE... At least it's formatted properly in Firefox! :P

BTW, that error shows in Firefox as well! ;)

WordPress database error: [Got error 28 from storage engine]SELECT DISTINCT * FROM wp_posts WHERE 1=1 AND post_date_gmt <= '2006-07-26 19:39:59' AND (post_status = "publish") AND post_status != "attachment" GROUP BY wp_posts.ID ORDER BY post_date DESC LIMIT 0, 10

Honestly - if you use RyanVM's coupon, it's one hell of a deal. On my old site that was hosted by my university, I was making about $3-4 dollars per month off Google Ads. If I can make the site a little more popular, then the site will end up paying for itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Just thought I'd give a bit of an update (and look for some feedback) on my work tonight. I was bored, and didn't want to go to sleep, so I updated the theme on my blog, and cleaned up some of the content. I know that things aren't quite right in IE7, but I'm working on it... (stupid IE CSS handling... :realmad:)

The new-and-improved Zxian.org!!!

I also moved my blog from DreamHost to HostingPlex (recommended by nmX.memnoch) - the difference is like night and day. It's cheaper too! Once I get Kwikpiks updated I'll be moving that over as well, and dumping Dreamhost for good. :yes:

Let me know what you think! Any suggestions or comments are welcome!

Edit - I just managed to fix the layout in IE, thanks in large part to jcarle's help. :D