[ques]vista autologin

boooggy

i do not believe there is a way to autologon, unless it was a registry key.. foud nothing in vista proper about it, wouldn't be suprised if itwasn't available anymore, a security issue it would be

• 2 weeks later...

Just because Vista has a virtual registry does not mean it does not have a registry at all. Here's the key you need to mess with if you want to do it up geek style.

Hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windowsnt\currentversion\winlogon

-Autoadminlogin (1)

-DefaultUserName (your user)

-DefaultPassword (your password)

-DefaultDomainName (if you have a domain)

You'll need to create the DefaultPassword string and value.

Cheers!

Damian

Hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windowsnt\currentversion\winlogon

-Autoadminlogin (1)

-DefaultUserName (your user)

-DefaultPassword (your password)

-DefaultDomainName (if you have a domain)

You'll need to create the DefaultPassword string and value.

thx for answer

i will try it..... :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

On the second tab in the box for control userpasswords2 is there a tick in the secure logon box?

If there is, you'll need to enable logon without CTRL+ALT+DEL in your local security policy.

That worked for me...

Edited for spelling ^_^

Edited by Mr_Eleganza

• 1 month later...

hello ..

i know i seen date on post is a bit old but might help for new users of vista if they feel they need one acount auto log in ...

You can configure Windows Vista to automate the logon process if your computer is not part of a domain.

goto start then in the little Start Search window put this in control userpasswords2

Clear the Users must enter a username and password to use this computer check box.

Click Apply.

Enter the user name and password you wish to automatically log on with, and then click OK.

Click OK again and you're all done.

this was for XP but i tried it and works great n no reg hack needed to do it ... good luck

hello ..

i know i seen date on post is a bit old but might help for new users of vista if they feel they need one acount auto log in ...

You can configure Windows Vista to automate the logon process if your computer is not part of a domain.

goto start then in the little Start Search window put this in control userpasswords2

Clear the Users must enter a username and password to use this computer check box.

Click Apply.

Enter the user name and password you wish to automatically log on with, and then click OK.

this was for XP but i tried it and works great n no reg hack needed to do it ... good luck

This must be a tip for Vista Ultimate. Userpasswords2 does not exist in Home Premium.

• 3 weeks later...
hello ..

Click Apply.

This worked perfectly in Vista Business Edition. Thanks :)