RVMUpdatePack2.1.0 & RVM Integrator 1.4 + nLite = BUG!

Keeperos

Hi, I used the RVM Integrator 1.4 to integrate RVM's Update Pack 2.1.0 in my windows installation as a first step which I'd backup and use for my nLite installation variations.

However after nLitening the setup files (with v. 1.0.1, enabling the re-compressing of the driver cabinets under "Options", I suspect here is where the problem lies) about 90 MB are removed with no good reason and I end up with a broken installation disk missing SEVERAL critical files.

I know what you'll say, I should also integrate the RVM Update Pack 2.1.0 using nLite, however this only is a workaround, the whole point was so that I would avoid doing this every time.

Anyway, just a heads up

I know what you'll say, I should also integrate the RVM Update Pack 2.1.0 using nLite, however this only is a workaround, the whole point was so that I would avoid doing this every time.

Ok, so we'll say it :angel . Using nLite would not have taken more time as nLite integrates Ryan's pack quite faster than Ryan's integrator. I'm talking minutes here. Only select the "integrate addons" part and you are done for your next rounds.

Right, first of all, it is not a RyanVM problem since it works without nLite so RyanVM would either ignore me or simply tell me off.

As for the later part, I think I mentioned that the whole point would be to keep a "clean" install that I'd later use as a starting point for making various alternate versions to suit different needs. If I used the nLite integration then I'd have to integrate the pack in all these cases. If the "original" I'd use on the other hand, had it integrated already that would save me a lot of time...

Right now the only option I have is to only integrate the pack using nLite (disabling the "re-package the cab files") and then use this as a starting point.

Either way, it isn't that I didn't have any alternatives, this was just a heads up.

Edited by Keeperos

Similar issues were reported before few times but when I tried it it was ok.

Let me try it again, I'll report here if I manage to experience this wonderful sensation.

edit:

It worked just fine.

Try to open driver.cab after integrator with Winrar and try the Test option to see for any corruptions.

Ok, will do but the3 message wasn't that the file was corrupted but that was missing altogether. Right now I'm using nLite for integration and everything works just fine.

If that helps I also added several home brew packages and my SATA/RAID drivers in TXT mode and all of my nForce2 drivers in PnP.

However I think that the whole thing blows when I choose to re-package the cabs under options.

Right now I'm looking into some minor anomalies for my final build after which I'll be ready for the real thing (yeah, I was working towards a specific system, not for kicks (not THIS time that is... :P) ).

Once this is out of the way I can test till I drop :)