i need a bit of help here guys

prx984

like the title says, i need a bit of help with my forums :blushing:

a person posted here and now he wants access to my Admin CP, im not going to give it to him, but i just wanted to know what the best thing to do would be?

May I may give you my honest opinion?

Seems to me that this "diplomat" just wants to be in charge. And I think that he is pushing you (He made barely 10 posts!! and already starts asking!). If I were you I wouldn't trust him. If you want to give him a chance, I would say that he first should "earn" his place at your forum by making good contributions. Then if you're happy with it, ask him for the skins he has to offer. Make him a moderator or something but not an admin right away.

I hope I've helped you.

Edited by Shoshoni

you sure have, thank you very much.

Seems to me that this "diplomat" just wants to be in charge. And I think that he is pushing you (He made barely 10 posts!! and already starts asking!).

that's what i was thinking.

im not going to make him an admin at all, my small forum only needs one admin. besides, its my first forum and well.. its really mine. i dont want someone else to just come in and change it all on me only after i have had it for a month.

anyway, thanks for the reply :)

look at this, he just pmed me

first PM

yuor going to have a small forum with out my help bro i want to help ygeez dont you get that i guess not

why do you just try to relized someone is trying to help your forum grow i guess you dont want that to badly

My Reply
you dont seem to realize that this is MY forum and not yours. you can do what you want on your own forum. but here, its governed by me.

it may sound a little rude to you, but this is my first forum, let me figure stuff out by myself.

you have to realize my forum is only a month old, so leave me be.

his reply

wow ok geez well your is not a success right and i just want to help you have to advertize get a cool skin team icons arcades and stuff liked thta and i just wanted to help thats all i wa sjust trying to be nice
my reply back to him
i understand what you mean, but you have to keep in mind, i dont want to have a fancy skin. i want the forum to be easily navigated and not too much clutter.

im going to leave it the way it is now, and well.. if the forum fails, it fails. what can i do?

all i ask is, become a regular member here, and i might consider letting you have more privaleges, prove yourself.

-admin

another reply from him

how can i prove my self if i can t show you how about and arcade

a fancy skin will attract members look at my forum

just let me help you bro cmon it s your first forum im not going to mess it im a pro im also and admin on a vBullitin forum to i will not mess it up just let me help it will be worth it bro trsut me plzz trust me

my final pm to him
the best way to prove yourself is to help others with their problems. for instance, if they have a problem with their computer, give them a hand.

this is a support forum, not a fancy forum.

judging by his spelling, he isn't too intelligent, or just doesn't care about cleanliness. i think i might just let it go, not respond to him if he pm's me again.

im rather irritated with this guy though, id like to become a mod here at msfn, but you dont see me bothering anyone here about it, at least i hope not :unsure:

edit : he just pmed me back, and this one really irritated me.

wow ok i will your not going to have a good forum bro not to be rude your not doing anything about it bro thats why im helping but i guess you dont really care about this forum that much if your not willing to accept my help
the nerve of him :realmad:

im not going to respond, im just going to let him go off by himself. ill just pm him with a link to this thread.

NP! Let your forum grow first. And that diplomat guy must first prove what he's worth.
im not going to make him an admin at all
You're right!

Good Luck!!

Edited by Cygnus

You don't bother anyone so don't worry about. You handled the job quite well. :thumbsup

why thank you :)

edit : lol i didnt realize you can moderate the persons postings, so i set that to 6 hours. lol :)

pmed me again

thats was cold but i understand so you want my sinds or what

you want the codes what do you want i just wanted to help bro thats all not to be incharge just to help

Edited by Cygnus

im that guy and im a admin on a vBulletin forum and i no what im doing im a coder im a desinger and things liked that and i do have tons experince i just want the kids forumt o grow its his first forum and i want to see it be a asuccess thats all not to be incharge so wouldnt judge me to fast guyz

you dont seem to understand, forums are fical thing. i cant just make you admin, you could do something to the forum, then im shut down and your going strong. your forum is better than mine, i will admit, but im also kind of a gaming forum, so i cant really be 100% sure if you know what i mean.

plus based on your spelling and grammar, i can't believe your a pro at this... :}

besides, how old are you anyway?

Edited by Cygnus

why are picking at my spelling is that the only thing you can find wrong about me

thanks trus tme i know what im doing

i njust wanted to help the guy geez no one understand that and i do understand what you said im not that stupid im been in the army for computer tech for 2 yearsand im still in it im not stupid at all there buddy

Edited by diplomat

why are picking at my spelling is that the only thing you can find wrong about me

thanks trus tme i know what im doing

i njust wanted to help the guy geez no one understand that and i do understand what you said im not that stupid im been in the army for computer tech for 2 yearsand im still in it im not stupid at all there buddy

just saying that doesnt make me beleive it, if you want to carry this argument out, do it on my board, not here at msfn, they dont need this, i just wanted help dealing with you. i didnt expect you sign up just to post 2 messages over a simple nothing. im a small forum, whats it matter if you have designed the board?

i havent eaten all morning, so im going to eat something ill be back around 1:30.

@Cygnus

You're right by saying that you need to figure things out. And by the time you've done that, you probably have made some changes to the visual appearance of the forum. I say again: don't worry because it's content (of the forum) that counts rather than the looks. Remember that!

Edited by Shoshoni

@Cygnus

You're right by saying that you need to figure things out. And by the time you've done that, you probably have made some changes to the visual appearance of the forum. I say again: don't worry because it's content (of the forum) that counts rather than the looks. Remember that!

thanks for the help shoshoni, i really appreciate it :)