Windows workout for XP

windows_worker44

:rolleyes: Windows XP is a very vertasile operatingm system, In addition to carrying out all manner of behind-the-scenes dirty work( :) ) to keep your PC chugging allong nicely, the top dog of the software world has a seemingly inexhaustable range of faults or just doesn't seem to have just that little game of mine sweeper. THATS WHY I CAN HELP! I will show you a list of good things to keep your computer goin' good!

HOW DO I GET A COOL LOOKING DESKTOP?

you can go to http://www.microsoft.com/uk/default.asp microsoft.co.uk for great downloads and advise or read Computer active magazine for tips and great suggestions!

WHAT DO I DO TO GET AROUND XP?

If you are a newbie with XP you might not know how to find most things so follow these instructions!

1) select the normal "start" button from the desktop.

2) select "control panell"

3) the window will apear so click "switch to classic view" and you will be there!

well thats all for this issue of Windows workout for XP, hope ya read again!

• 2 months later...
i think its ntoskernel.exe or something like dat.... u jus replace the existing one with the one u want.... u might wanna read bor3d's guide in Unattended Windows about giving XP cosmetic surgery... that has how to edit it

The log off images are in msgina.dll.

:) Can anyone tell me how to change the images that come up during startup and shutdown?
Boot Screens

If you have multiple logon screens that you would like to select between, please look at this app. Looks like a very nice utility.

Backup (copy) the file %windir%\system32\ntoskrnl.exe (most likely C:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe - the boot screen)

Download the .zip to your computer

Extract ntoskrnl.exe to a directory other than %windir%\system32 (most likely C:\windows\system32)

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode (hit F8 before the boot screen) or into true DOS (from a boot disk)

Overwrite the file %windir%\system32\ntoskrnl.exe (which should have been backed up) with the extracted exe

Reboot your computer as you normally would

http://www.themexp.org/howto.php