config that nLite 1.0 worked with but with 1.0.1 doesn't

mmortal03

I am having some issues with nLite 1.0.1. This configuration file worked with nLite 1.0, but doesn't with 1.0.1. The install works all the way to the Windows loading icon screen, and then reboots and asks to go into safe mode. I have attached the configuration file without the automated networking section.

Last_Session_nonet.ini

Edited by mmortal03

I will try doing that later tonight, but honestly I don't follow why that needs to be ruled out, because this configuration, along with the extras,WORKS in 1.0 but is broken in 1.0.1. I even initially tried multiple combinations of settings and RyanVM packs before, thinking that it wasn't nlite, and none of them worked either.

I didn't think that you changed any compatibilities between the two versions, but maybe you did in some subtle way?

Edited by mmortal03

I have now tried 1.0.1 with the same config file as above, except now without any addons except RyanVM post-sp2 2.0.7a and drivers, and it still does the same thing.

I will be trying it without drivers next, just for kicks, but my system is not going to run properly without them.

Edited by mmortal03

Do you have a SATA or RAID hdd, maybe try to test your chipset drivers, maybe you missed some folder to integrate...I really don't recall anything changed except that Textmode problem which could only solve things, not complicate it.

I don't have a RAIDed hard drive. I have a SATA hard drive, but it doesn't need a third party SATA driver. My chipset driver, along with everything else, were included when I made the disc with 1.0.1; the same as with 1.0.

So why would actually HAVING the drivers included mess things up, but NOT having them work? I have nLite set to remove any other drivers.

Do you suggest that I try each one separately and then let you know which one is the culprit?

Edited by mmortal03

When I removed the "hdc" chipset driver (SP/ich5id2.inf) and left only the "system" chipset driver (865.inf) the installation worked. I will try it with the "hdc" driver again, just to confirm that it is the problem.