The Great Unattended Project

ckislam

The Solution for Windows Silent Software Installation.

The Great Unattended Project - TGUP is an executable Package that downloads and installs latest versions of commonly-used freeware silently or manually in sequence and sorts them into the startmenu.

Inclunding Windows Updates Silent installation.

Supports Windows 2000 and XP English and German

Official Project Site:

http://www.tgup.net

Edited by ckislam

• 2 months later...

New Applications have been added to the TGUP Package recently all unattended:

OpenOffice 2.1

.Net Framework 2.0

Adobe Reader 8.0

already included:

J2SE Runtime Environment (Java)

Windows Updates Post SP2 (in progress..)

IrfanView

Filzilla

Firefox

Flash Player + Shockwave Player

Thunderbird

Quicktime

VideoLan Player (VLC)

7-Zip

PDF Creator

Windows Live Messenger

Yahoo Messenger

PS:

When you use TGUP you always get the latest versions

The next TGUP version will be able to check if your installed applications are up-to-date.

I'd been thinking about doing something like this for ages but I wanted to make a program that was more open in terms of being able to add your own applications. I install a good 50 apps onto my systems and you can't possibly cover everyone.

What I was thinking was some kind of Firefox add-in that allows you to record where the download is (what links to hit) and where the version number is (or just do a file diff). Of course if the site changes then you have a problem but I imagine you'll have the same issue. The OpenOffice download is a good example of a complex download procedure.

It would also get around the issue of licensing would it not (as the program wouldn't link by default to any apps)?

Thoughts anyone?

Edited by Dobby

Is there proxy support?
proxy is not supported yet, but i dont think it is that necessary. I guess the proxy settings of Internet Explorer are automatically applied.
The other problem is that different versions can sometimes change their silent install options. I guess minor versions are not a problem.

The whole database with scripts and so on are all online and not included in the tgup package. I am doing my best tracking the new releases and updates of silent switches.

My favorite is Firefox. I think i will never have to update it anymore, bec. it uses the same silent switch and the same link structure for new releases. My scripts grabs the new version from the Products site and pastes it in the right position of the download link.

you are right it gets complex somewhere.

I am planning to make a new version where you have the options to download and install directly like now. or use an offline modus where u can choose either to save the applications locally, on cd or on a network share, and from there you distribute them again. it will be also possible to load a custom list of applications.

I am ready to include any application as long as it is a freeware and has got silent switches, so if anyone wants me to include an application, just tell me and i will add it pretty soon.

• 2 weeks later...