nLite 1.0.1 Final ERROR

MGadAllah

Dear All:

It seems that the latest release of nLite is not good as the previous release :no:

I'm talking about the nLite 1.0.1 Final

I used to follow the followingg steps in every time I creat my unattended cd, and with no errors at all:

- use ryan integrator to integrate his latest packs, and some add ons

- use XPize to integrate it to XPCD source without creating the .iso file

- use nLite to remove components, integrate drivers, options, pathches, and tweaks without creating the .iso file

- use Bashrate the snaeaky driverspacks to integrate drivers I need

- then back to nLite again to creat the final .iso file

-Done

that is the steps I used to follow every time,

I was always keep using release number 6 of nLite, but tried the nLite 1.0.1 Final this time (I wish if I did not do that switch) and recieved the following errors during installation:

th_63824_1_500lo.jpg

and when I hit OK I receieved the following error, then windows keep restarts and do the same thing over and over again, I did not even get the choice to do any thing during the reeboot

th_63829_2_343lo.jpg

and when I searched back on the release number 6 I did not find it at all

so now what am I suppose to do

do I have to do any thing to fix this problem

or I have to back to release number 6 which is no longer avaliable on the internet or the www.nliteos.com

what do you advise me to do

Really strange thing to find latest release has errors while previous release works perfect.

and for any one ask about that add on or any thing else could be the problem, NO I did not used any thing new just used the exact same things I used to use with release number 6

thanks

Hope to solve it soon

or if there is no solve can any one send me release number 6

Edited by mgadallah

Did you delete or compress any additional catalogue (.cat) file??

Actually I did nothing but the following:

1 - copy XPCD to a folder with the same name on C:/

2 - downloaded latest ryanvm integrator, and some add ons from his forum for another members and integrate every thing using latest ryan integrator

3 - used nLite to do the following: (The following selections)

a) Integrate drivers

B) Options

c) tweaks

d) batch

4- used Bashrat driverpacks and integrated all of drivers I want, I integrated my own drivers which is not exist in bashrate with nLite.

5- used nLite again to make the .iso file

then failed to complete the install, as mentioned above :no:

NOTE: I've tried to use nLite to integrate drivers only, and do nothing else and found every thing working perfect, so drivers is not the cause,

Also regarding the .cat or .dl files, under i386 folder and inside a folder named (as I remember) something like ASMS (the name could be another thing but it contains letters A, S and M ... I'm at work now and do not remember the name right now) I found many folders and inside each folder there are a file name name duplicated twice but with different extention like .cat and another extenstion that I do not remember

so is it what you are talking about?

and if it was the reason, what shall I do, shall I delete any one of them, and which one wil be deleted.

Actually I've beed suggested by an expert one to use add on, and he trust it very much and say that it is tested, but I just do not like to use Addons

So does there is any hope to do what I want or I should use the windows as the way it is

My unattended cd is about 3 GB now and it is included every thing I need, some applications will be called from SVCPACK, the rest (90%) will be called from WPI.

so if I left windows untouched, will it affest the performance of the OS, because I want to remove components for better performance?

So what do you suggest

Thanks

P.S. Did I expressed my case in a wrong way?

I really need someone to help

Is it out of nLite hands, is it nLite limitations?

Hope to see reply:(

thanks

Edited by mgadallah

I don't know if this helps at all, but I was also having troubles recently with v1.0.1. I went back and checked the source XPCD I was using and it had in fact already been nLite'd at one point simply to remove the Security Center + UXTHEME/TCPIP patches. This was where all of my problems lied within.

I started out with a fresh original XP Pro cd, downloaded the network install of SP2, integrated that into the XP source, then used the Integrator to integrate the latest update pack from RyanVM (2.1.0) and numerous addons. Then I went through and did all of my nLite'ing using a brand new fresh config (deleted all previous presets from the /Presets/ folder).

That is about all I can suggest... make sure it's a fresh XP source and dump all presets from the nLite dir and make a new one. When I was using 'Last Session', even though I had unclicked certain options (like Driver Integration/Make ISO/etc), it was still performing them! Because even though I had already integrated addons+update pack through RVMI and unclicked them in nLite, it was still attempting to integrate them and it was screwing everything up. I could still get through my XP install... none of the addons would work though.

After starting over from scratch (new source+SP2 and no more presets), everything seems to be working fan-f***ing-tastic. Just a suggestion if you haven't already tried that... good luck!

Edited by fortwunty

nLite won't do this on it's own, you must have overwritten some files outside it.

Try only nlite on a clean installation cd and don't use any addons while testing. Then you can find out what is causing it.

Can I suggest something also

Don't type with

loads

of

spaces inbetween

since it causes premature wear to the wrist and index finger

whilst having to

scroll down

and read all the

Edited by RAGGATIP

Can I suggest something also

Don't type with loads of spaces inbetween since it causes premature wear to the wrist and index finger whilst having to scroll down and read all the post Thanks :wacko:

Thanks for pointing that to me

My previous posts are already updated, I hope you like it ;)

NOW, is it ok to start with nLite and do the foolowing parts:

- Remove components

-Integrate Drivers

- Options

- Tweks

then after finished start usiing ryan integrator, and if I want to use XPize when will be its time, before nLite, or after, or after Ryan integrator, or what?

Thanks

No.

Use integrator first or just integrate what you need with nlite in one session.

Your problem is that you updated configured cd with the update pack with default files.