SourcePath not converting to DosPath

I've got a strange problem affecting only one machine (my own workstation).

Let me say first of all that I'm using a multiboot environment, so my SetupSourcePath for XP Pro is

\SETUP\XP\Professional\

For whatever reason, when I burn my unattended ISO, I get a TON of file not found errors at the start of GUI mode (T-39 minutes). It allows me to browse for the file, and upon doing so it shows me that the path it is looking for is my cdrom drive's root. In my case H:\

I could never figure out WHY it is doing this when I have my txtsetup.sif setup correctly, and any ISO I burn works and installs just fine on every machine at my work. When I try it on my home machine, I have to type H:\SETUP\XP\Professional and copy it and paste it about 200 times to get through a window install.

Upon further investigation after install, I notice the following my my C:\WINDOWS\system32\$winnt$.inf

[Data]

floppylessbootpath=no

producttype=winnt

standardserverupgrade=no

winntupgrade=no

win9xupgrade=no

win31upgrade=no

sourcepath=\device\cdrom0\SETUP\XP\Professional\

AutomaticUpdates=Yes

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated=0

UnattendedInstall=yes

dospath=H:\

EVERY single other machine has these two paths matching as it should. This is why (on my home machine only) I cannot get windows installed properly when the I386 dir is not at the root. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

• 5 months later...