Product key entries

mrjkwik

I'm new to all of this, and after doing a few recent installs in an effort to have a dual booting system, I've realized how much easier it would be to have a disc to install not only XP, but my the programs I need for immediate "daily" activities.

I've started reading the main tutorials, and toying around with autoit.

What I would like to know is, where I can find info about automatically entering registry information so that I dont have to always worry about entering product keys every time.

Thanks for any hints/links/info you guys can provide me.

Are you talking about those apps that have their reg info imported to the Registry?

If so, then you should do a search for each program individually, in "Application Installs" forum.

Well, what I'm trying to find out is the easiest way to have a disc where when its done running the install, all my programs are installed and ready to go. and in a way where i dont have to put in the key on those that need the key during install, or during their first run. Maybe I'm not thinking about this in the easiest terms or way to do so.

So if anyone has any advice on the easiest route to do this, I'd appreciate it. I saw the other programs listed inthe tut, just wasnt sure if that was what i needed. (wininstall lite le, install right, ect). is the easiest thing to do to do a fresh install, install one of those programs first, then "record" as i install all my other programs?

again, thanks for any help. or at least a push in the right direction as to what i should be looking for.

It's really on a per program basis.

Windows Installer routines that ask for the SERIAL during install, typically have a property that you can use on the CMD line to import the KEY during install.

Installshield installers have a ISS answer file that works in the same sort of way.

The others are on a per program basis. Some can be inserted into the registry and you're good to go. Others have a license file. You'll have to experiment and search these forums for your answers. Creating a copy of a recorded program might not be the best solution, as some applications customize themselves to one machine when installing certain files.

sounds like i might be biting off more than i can chew at this time. guess i should stick with just making the unattended install disc with a few of the free programs i use. as i said, i'm obviously new and it just sounds like more than what i'm capable at the time. which sucks, but i guess i gotta start somewhere.

thanks for the responses.