[Tutorial] Making your own DriverPacks for n00bs

ricktendo

LOL. BTS driverpacks are not to fit just *your* computer but most of the other computers as well. That' s why they are so huge.
I dont want other ppls drivers, I only want mine.

After I was done my pack was 6.5 megabites, that includes Video, Chipset, Sound, Modem, IDE, everyting... 6megs as opposed to 98megs in the past.

Which do you prefer?

Edited by ricktendo64

....whats the point of sharing it then?

I think, as the topic implies, that the point is to show beginners how to create a driver pack based on their own system drivers. Nice idea, in fact.

I think, as the topic implies, that the point is to show beginners how to create a driver pack based on their own system drivers. Nice idea, in fact.
No6 Thank you! for putting it so they understand.

:w00t: I have another idea BTW:

How about "Bashrats DriverPack Maker"? (Like the nLite Addon Maker but for DriverPacks)

It can work two difrent ways:

#1 It can backup the drivers directly from windows, just like I did with Driver Genius Pro, and then proceed to pack them into a 7zip file for later integrating with DPs Base

Or

#2 Point the "DriverPack Maker" to the decompresed driver instlation folders .inf file, then the program will autmatically keep only the needed files for slipstreaming and leave the Setup.exe/msi behind, and it will also pack them into 7zip archives

How about, instead of a separate program have it built into DPs Base slipstreamer

Edited by ricktendo64

Great job as always Ricktendo.

I hope this helps my probs that I have been having..

ScOOt3r!

Kewl

Just Remember to use DPs Base "Last" after RVM-Integrator and/or nLite slipstreaming, then use DPs Base and BTS-DriverPacks then proceed to make the ISO.

BTW: Tell me how big was your driverpack... :lol: LOL (Sounds dirty)

Mine ended up being 6 MBs

Edited by ricktendo64

Guess what guys...!!! I did it... I made my own version of a driver backerupper program utility thingy mer jigger. :D

At least it is working for me so far. I'll let you guys play with it soon. I'll upload it to siginet software forums.

So far it just automatically grabs any drivers that are not provided by microsoft. It doesn't let you select which ones though. And it has no progressbars or anything. So you just click the exe and give it time. Once it's done you have a drivers folder with all of your third party drivers in it. :)

I think it's awesome!

http://siginet.ryanvm.net/forum/

• 2 months later...
Just Remember to use DPs Base "Last" after RVM-Integrator and/or nLite slipstreaming, then use DPs Base and BTS-DriverPacks then proceed to make the ISO.

BTW: Tell me how big was your driverpack... :lol: LOL (Sounds dirty)

Mine ended up being 6 MBs

I finished my UA XPCD in these days and I want now to integrate drivers now. I found a lot of methods here on the forum. I think about BTS driverpacks but I`m now little bit confused. If I use this method it seems based on above it will be not possible to modify UAXPCD anymore.

So my questions are:

1) is it possible to update UAXPCD with never applications when BTS driverpacks are used

2) is it possible to update UAXPCD with new hotfixes when BTS driverpacks are used

or do I have use DPs Base as last only if I use nLite or RVM Integrator? I use RunOnceEx for my applications but I sometimes use nLite for some stuff, e.g. NetFramework and hotfixes...

Edited by embe

Answers to

1= YES

2= YES

And last but not least YES use DPs base LAST after you finished slipstreaming and removing components just before you are ready to make the ISO

Ehm...sometimes is difficult for me to explain waht I really want as english is not my native language :whistle: so check the following scenario please and advise if ok:

1)creating UAXPCD with all applications and latest hotfixes etc (using cmdlines, RunOnceEx etc...)

2)slipstreaming latest driverpacks with DPs base

3)making ISO

4)installing final product to my PC

5)month later M$ issues lets say 5 hotfixes and lets say I want to update current Nero 7.5.1.1. and Shark issue lets say Java 1.5.10. So I just want to update UAXPCD with all this stuff:

- Hotfixes using nLite

- Nero and Java using RunOnceEx updating Setup folders in $OEM$\install\Applications...

I just want to perform these 3 update operations and I don`t want to update driverpacks. So after I update UAXPCD with latest hotfixes and NERO+Java I will make ISO and reinstall PC again.

Will this scenario work? If yes there`s nothing to stop me with playing with your custom driverpacks and DPs base :thumbup . If not I have to find another solution.

P.S.:I`m creating UAXPCD for 4 PCs and that`s why I want to use Driverpacks (otherwise I`ll use only drivers for hardware in PC...)

Thanks for yr help

NO! :( Maybe! :)

You CAN! only if you are clever and name the svcpack stuff the same example if the old java was named java.exe just rename the java1.5.10 java.exe and drop it and overwrite the one in the svcpack folder inside your i386 folder.

Then that leaves out the new hotfixes... :(

But dont use nLite after you alredy use DPs Base on a source

Edited by ricktendo64