Why do most people leave out Internet Explorer on unattented install?

:blushing:

Please explain to me why......most leave out IE Explorer when making an UnAttended Install??

I am new but am fairly computer savvy. I understand I can use Firefox

Also: If I remove it..........will I still have outlook Express E-Mail?

Also: I don't want windows updates & or wga to come up after the cd is made........What do I do during the making of the UnAttended CD to prevent this from happening??

I am talking about Win XP Pro & or Corporate

Please Help :)

To second that reason, I remove Internet Explorer and keep the IE core components and possibly the activex functionality. Then I use the IE Tab extension for Firefox which utilizes the IE engine for rendering web pages, instead of having to switch from one browser to the other.

And because you essentially still have Internet Explorer functionality, why not shave off a few MBs from your Windows XP ISO?

*I keep Outlook Express for Outlook 2003 functionality.

personally, i remove IE (not IE core) and outlook express

then i use firefox for internet, and gmail.. but thunderbird is supposed to be very good for email

But Why...........Do Most Remove it??????

personally, i remove IE (not IE core) and outlook express

then i use firefox for internet, and gmail.. but thunderbird is supposed to be very good for email

But Why...........Do Most Remove it??????

And How do I do the UnAttended to make the Activation & Updates NOT COME UP after Install.???

To second that reason, I remove Internet Explorer and keep the IE core components and possibly the activex functionality. Then I use the IE Tab extension for Firefox which utilizes the IE engine for rendering web pages, instead of having to switch from one browser to the other.

And because you essentially still have Internet Explorer functionality, why not shave off a few MBs from your Windows XP ISO?

*I keep Outlook Express for Outlook 2003 functionality.

And How do I do the UnAttended to make the Activation & Updates NOT COME UP after Install.???

Besides just typing in the Product Key.....which I Did

On what basis do you claim "most leave out IE"? Have you done a survey?

The issues of WPA and update integration have no direct connection to IE but have all been discussed here before.

No....I have not done a survey, just by what I have seen .

Can you Pleasehttp://www.msfn.org/board/style_images/msfn/folder_post_icons/icon1.gif

http://www.msfn.org/board/style_images/msf...icons/icon1.gif Explain how I can keep WPA & Updates from coming up in Win XP Pro

On what basis do you claim "most leave out IE"? Have you done a survey?

The issues of WPA and update integration have no direct connection to IE but have all been discussed here before.

No....I have not done a survey, just by what I have seen .

Can you Pleasehttp://www.msfn.org/board/style_images/msfn/folder_post_icons/icon1.gif

http://www.msfn.org/board/style_images/msf...icons/icon1.gif Explain how I can keep WPA & Updates from coming up in Win XP Pro

Can you Please Explain how I keep WPA & Updates from coming up??

I'm not against/with someone's preferences, but I do like IE.

One reason I know why SOME (not most) people use other browsers is that, simply, IE DOES NOT install properly on their PCs while using UAXPCD!

And when IE doesn't install properly, there will be subsequent problems.

If someone falls in that category, I can help. Just ask!

You've seen some people talking about removing IE here and elsewhere but that is unlikely to be a balanced view of the whole situation. I'd say that people who choose to keep IE (including myself) just don't normally say anything. So you only hear about people who remove IE and that's biased sampling.

If you use VLM, then the issue of WPA doesn't arise. For other versions, I suggest you do a search on the forum.

As to why updates keep appearing, it usually is some fault in the way you apply them but it can happen with specific updates. Again, various members have asked questions here before.

The WGA and WGA notification issues are a bit sensitive here...