Directory Copy during setup

If I have an $oem$ directory structure set up, and put a directory under the $1 directory, the directory should be copied over to the system drive during install and be there after the OS is installed correct? i.e. D:\RemoteInstall\Setup\English\Images\WINDOWS\i386\$oem$\$1\TestDir\, there should be a directory named c:\TestDir\ on the machine once the install is complete. Am I understanding this correctly?

• 3 months later...
$OEM$ should be parallel to i386, not within it.

Windows
|-i386
|-$OEM$
|-$1

If I have an $oem$ directory structure set up, and put a directory under the $1 directory, the directory should be copied over to the system drive during install and be there after the OS is installed correct? i.e. D:\RemoteInstall\Setup\English\Images\WINDOWS\i386\$oem$\$1\TestDir\, there should be a directory named c:\TestDir\ on the machine once the install is complete. Am I understanding this correctly?

$OEM$ should be parallel to i386, not within it.

===============

|-i386

|-$OEM$

|-$1

|-pnpdrivers

===============

Directory Structure: FOR "OEM" (Adding your own PnP Drivers, e.g., Motherboard, RAID, SCSI, VIDEO, NET, what you want or require). Place in pnpdrivers, you can split the different PnP drivers into respective Folders, but, they must all be in pnpdrivers.

Adding "OEM" (Your extra Software on Operating System CDROM) Software during Setup Installation:

========================================================================

There seems to be some confusion as to adding Software during Setup Installation.

I think some people (me included) have their brain centred/fixed on the I386, $OEM$ Folders.

For an "OEM" (and Unattended) Installation, a second $OEM$ Folder is added to the Folder tree of your Installation.

This will often be situated at the very top of main branch.

===========

|-I386

|-DISCOVER

|-BOOTDISK

|-$OEM$

|-$1

|-$$

|-$Progs

===========

$1 resolves to %systemdrive%, $$ resolves to your Windows Folder, e.g., "Windows", "Windows XP", "WINNT"

$Progs resolves to "Program Files", or whatever you or Setup decides.

Note: Which Drive this happens on does not come into the discussion.