Sponsor Icon gone

IcemanND

Hello IcemanND,

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but i just added those user groups last Saturday, and we are quite busy to investigate that leaking of emails ATM.... but everything should be fine within a couple of days.

Thanks for reporting :)

Just to let you know, I am still seeing the ads between the 1st and 2nd post here.

Also, though I needed to log on for access yesterday, I still saw lots of "guest" users. Not the case today.

No complaining, just trying to help you debug!

Good Luck!

Sorry my bad guys.... i forgot to edit in the admin cp :) internet is kinda slow here so let me know if it is ok now.

As for those guests.... they cant see anything. They are brought here by Google, we get thousends of visitors here from Google, but we had some problems and till we fixed it guests cant see the forums.

Martin.

The only ad you are supposed to see is at the bottom of the page... at top of the page and between the first and second post should be gone, i just checked it with my test account.

Hi IcemanND and Greenmachine ;):P

• 3 weeks later...

Big banner ads posing as posts... some of the absolute worst boards I find on Google do that to guests. This is the first board I've ever seen stoop so low as to do it to registered users. Please, don't bother arguing "it's a little unobtrusive text link" because it's not. It's a big annoying banner in a large font that doesn't match the page's colours at all. I don't know whether to be more disgusted with MSFN for implementing this even for registered users, or Google for abandoning the little unobtrusive text links they were known for. Ah well, <3 Adblock.

If you want people to donate, maybe consider offering something worth the money. Asking someone to pay to get rid of several ads on each page is like punching someone in the arm and telling them you won't stop unless they pay you.

Edited by HyperHacker

I don't like ads but I know they are needed.

I don't see what is the problem with the "remove ads" feature for sponsors : msfn needs money to run. If you help msfn by donating it's normal you don't have ads anymore : donate or have ads.

And imho it's normal this is stated as a benefit : imagine someone tries to sell a car and doesn't say what you will get for your money. :wacko:

And as far as I'm concerned, I only see the ad between the first and the second post once because I use IPB's "show new posts/replies" and I go directly to new posts without seeing ads much.

About visitors seeing that : msfn has lots of good informations and I know many many websites with worse infos having more ads and especially intellitxt ones : "oh why is this word underlined ? -> Ad". Take a look at Tom'sHardware (good site btw) : it has really a lot af advertisement and also high costs.

Websites need money, just like everything else.

If you want people to donate, maybe consider offering something worth the money. Asking someone to pay to get rid of several ads on each page is like punching someone in the arm and telling them you won't stop unless they pay you.

You didnt read this, this, this and this topics did you?

As for the rest... read Camarade_Tux's reply :)