Vista ultimate edition

mandrke

I Think that as well as what MS has said about Vista ultimate, to improve it more I Think that the below should be incuded:

• Office system 2007 Professional Edition?
  • Visual studio express (Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual C++, Visual J#) [Would Most End users use VS Pro with MSDN Pro]
  • Plus Vista Edition
  • AOE+ROR
  • AOE2+Conquerors
  • AOM+Titans
  • AOE3+Warchiefs
  • Freelancer
  • Halo
  • Halo 2
  • Windows Live Onecare subscripion for 5 Years(and Defender Antispy), ?
  • Tweak UI(or all of the powertoys)
  • Paint.NET
  • Encarta Premium 2007
  • Microsoft® Digital Image Suite PLUS

You may ask why all this to be added to the distro but this is Vista Ultimate and is to compete with the amount of packages of linux and to have a install then use system!

Mandrke

Edited by mandrke

Erm.. that just won't happen. The only thing in there that I think is already in Ultimate is Plus! - which is really just Digital Media Enhancements. All the other programs are different products and if Microsoft includes them it will probably be classed as an abusement of their monopoly.

As for the games.... thats just one big no. If you want to play Halo - buy an xbox.

Ok, the paid-for components (exept the AV) was a little redicous so I have ajusted it to the freebies (the programing tools are probally not needed.

the games were just a silly idea

office is negotionable (see linux)

and the AV is just a good service (but the term is negotionable)

Starter, I'd like to see myself!

Mandrke

Defender is already included and alot of Media enhancements are which are equivelant to Plus!.

Paint.NET might be a possibility, but not yet since its not a Microsoft programme (just yet!). Office and VS look unlikely since MS sell them as seperate products.

Paint.NET definatley wouldnt be included as its not even written by them.

I know they are making Virtual PC 2007 Freeware and making it fully vista compatible, maybe they might include that.

Office is the big earner for Microsoft, no way will that be included in OS media.

OneCare is a subscription service only possible through mainteance payments, so you won't see that included either (and definitely not 5 years).

Visual Studio is not a commonly-enough demanded product (and again an earner) to warrant bundling with the OS.

And after the debacle that was the EU's decision to force Microsoft to produce a version of Windows without Media Player bundled, plus the ridiculous fine, there's very little chance you would see any "bundling" such as this in the future - allegedly it kills competition.

there's very little chance you would see any "bundling" such as this in the future - allegedly it kills competition.

so true,

who would think that building a product and building all the feature that the client is looking for would kill competition, i mean really, it isn't like MS hardcoded the system so that a user couldn't install specific software..(something i am sure they could fairly easily) :) now that would kill competition.

UGH, I just discovered that M$ bought winternals\sysinternals. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they better not start charging ppl for their programs.

Edited by ScubaSteve