Skip confirmation and EULA in security update

ponghy

Hi!

I'm doing my own installation package with .NET 2.0 + ASP Fix KB917283 + Language Pack. But I have a problem, when I call in my installer to:

"msiexec /p aspfix.msp /qb"

(where aspfix.msp is the MSP file extracted from the security update KB917283), I got 2 message boxes in order to continue (not fully unattended). First message box is to continue install (accept) and the 2nd message box is the annoying EULA, that I have to accept in order to continue...

I've searched in the forum and on the Internet and I have not found any useful solution to this.

I've tried to open the MSP file in ORCA to disable the dialog and the EULA entirely, but I don't see the dialog tables...

I've tried to pass common properties to Windows Installer (msiexec) like IAGREE="YES", EULA_ACCEPT=1, ACCEPT_EULA=1 and so on... but no luck!!!

I don't want to perform an administrative install, because the resultant files are much more larger than the original ones (and they are compressed worse).

Any ideas guys? I think this issue is not easy... but any idea will be appreciated.

May I ask a question?

Why try to integrate? I've read several threads in this forums that point some problems and/or bugs when integrating this fix. Personally I don't see any advantage on integrating it, I use a very simple and well proven runonceex.cmd method:

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D ".NET Framework 2.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\INSTALL\dotnet\dotnetfx.exe /Q:U /c:\"install /q\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\INSTALL\dotnet\KB917283.exe /q" /f

And voilá! :thumbup

Just my 2 cents