Windows 98 Shell and Skins

FoxHound

I used windows blinds I got object desktop 2002 as a gift back around when XP came out but then I stopped using it when My machine crashed (should have never installed windows ME :no: )

I don't see why you would have a problem using it with 385 MB ram Being as I only had 48 MB back then on a 500 mhz celeron

you have t use an old version because the latest and greatest just dosen't support windows 98 :no:

I used windows blinds I got object desktop 2002 as a gift back around when XP came out but then I stopped using it when My machine crashed (should have never installed windows ME :no: )

I don't see why you would have a problem using it with 385 MB ram Being as I only had 48 MB back then on a 500 mhz celeron

you have t use an old version because the latest and greatest just dosen't support windows 98 :no:

lol its funny how pessimist your post looks with these smilies :wacko:

1. you should never have installed windows ME

2. the latest ENHANCED (not the standard) version supports windows 98

try to be more possitive in your next post ;) windows 98 still rockin' :thumbup

Edited by HTS-500

hey guys, you might want to take a look at this, its a guide with windowblinds and objectbar to make your 98/ME/2000 box look like XP. i would take a look at it, its worth it.

edit: i thought i put the link in, but it didnt go in i guess. i cant seem to find it again now, if i do, ill let you guys know when i do.

Edited by Cygnus

What about WinStep? It loads as a shell, so no masking, etc. I've used it for a while on my old P@90MHz/32MB system and it worked great.

WinStep huh....Great if only you'd tell me the link :thumbup