Removing additional languages?

Hello, how can I remove english US during setup?

I only want the UK language installed. No others.

Also, after my current unattended setup the "Location" in regional settings is still "United States".

In my WINNT.SIF I have this:

[RegionalSettings]
LanguageGroup=1
SystemLocale=00000809
UserLocale=00000809
InputLocale=0809:00000809

How can I set the location to United Kingdom and remove the US language?

Thanks.

Remove US language in nLite. Remove ALL of the other languages then you won't need entries in ur winnt.sif for language options as en-gb will be the only one available.

If ur setup is localized w/en-us (ie it is fully integrated w/us) then I can't help you. Your winnt.sif looks right when I compare it w/mine.

Configure Regional Settings to your liking, then export this key as INTL.REG:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International]

I import INTL.REG @ T-13 and it applys to all user accounts.

You'll find the following post easily if you search using "language" in the forum.

WINNT.SIF language settings

how to stop US from installing

Likewise, search "location" and you'll find:

Language And Regional Options, cannot change location details

Remove US language in nLite. Remove ALL of the other languages then you won't need entries in ur winnt.sif for language options as en-gb will be the only one available.

If ur setup is localized w/en-us (ie it is fully integrated w/us) then I can't help you. Your winnt.sif looks right when I compare it w/mine.

Does anyone know what each language file is? I would like to remove US English too. We use the Queen's English in Canada.

I don't want to remove every language. Just about 90% of them.

Actually after playing around running file comparision software on registry files before and after removing the language i found out how to do it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload]"1"="00000809""2"=-

1,2,3 etc are the languages, 1 being the primary.

This needs to be called at the GUIRunOnce stage. I tried it at the cmdlines.txt stage but it diddnt seem to work. 1 was already 00000809 but it cant hurt to make sure the primary language is the one you want there. Then remove number 2 (US english in this case).

Of course they're not actually removed like they would be with nLite, but they're not installed. They're not usable and dont appear in language settings (and removing the extras stops that **** language bar showing too.)

Edited by Tom_B

Does anyone know what each language file is? I would like to remove US English too. We use the Queen's English in Canada.

The layout of the US/Can physical keyboard is slightly different from the UK one. The problem is that with the US KB using the UK EN IME I can't type the \ (backslash). (It types the #. The

# key types the £.) You can type the \ with the Canadian English IME but then it's the same as the US En.

Edited by Takeshi