Hurricane 98

minhgi

Hi, I am new here.

Had any one here use a speed enchancement utility call Hurricane 98 made by Helix Coporation. A friend of mine had given to me and said that it would sped up my Windows 98 computer considerly.

Any comments would be good....Thanks

Nothing that runs in the background is going to improve performance. What exactly are you trying to optimize?

Cacheman is great for tweaking memory settings, just don't use the monitoring/memory "freeing" functions or let it load with Windows and experiment around with its' settings.

That Depends.If you Want to Optimize your System speed then cut down on opening files and Disable Startup Items you do not need like p2p software that start on restart...

Go to Run>type:msconfig>then go to startup tab and then disable unimportant programs,NOTE**-If your unsure how to do it then don't touch anything on it

Anyone here want to try this and give it a test drive. Just ask me..

I install on a clean Windows 98 Install with all programs that I also use. Seem to speed my system by 20 to 30%.

It look like it is using a ram and hard disc based cacheing system.

Cache my harddrive, CD ROM, A drive,

It have dynamic ram drive and some kind of memory compression,......etc....It sound like a jack of all trade enchanement utility.....

I am getting this info from the program Help section.....

There more....faster boot up and and speed up loading programs......don't laught now...

I have one person from here testing it...I hope he can give me his opinion later.

Edited by minhgi

:whistle: my report:the system info side of hurricaine is rather nice. i try the speedup processes side and i timed it seem to load about 30% faster and their many setting 2 play with but all in all a great program.yet as far as speed goes minimal overall but worth it 4 the sys info gdi .i rate this app 7out of 10 thxz mimihq.

Seem to speed my system by 20 to 30%.

Uhm, not mutch scientific to me... :huh:

Well, i'm really interested in this tests, so why don't we plan a good competition between optimizers ?

1st: establishing rules (for example 'clean windows install' should be a rule :yes: )

2nd: software optimizer's competitor list...

- TuneUp Utilities 2006

- Ashampoo WinOptimizer Platinum

- Dr.Salman's Window Power Tools

- SpeedUpMyPC

- Advanced System Optimizer

- Innovative System Optimizer

- Optimize Computer

- TweakNow PowerPack 2006 Professional

- Advanced Windows Optimizer

- PCMedik

- Windows System Optimizer

- PC Optimizer

- Speed-It-Up Extreme

- System Energizer

- WinBoost

- X-Setup Pro

...more ? B)

3rd: choose test-software !

-

4th: publish results !!!

Best tweaks could be included in unofficial service pack....

Edited by patchworks

sound good to me....Uhhh.....How do I add my friend's optimizer to the list????

As I have try at least half those optimizers myself, most of them use registry changes to tweak the system. Other uses some kind of caching system to boost the system.

I think Hurricane 98 ranks up there on list. I really have to thanks my friend for this nice piece of software.

Edited by minhgi