NERO alternative

m16si

Please help me im sick and tired of Nero it always slows my computer and sometimes i have to restart my computer because of it !

The newest version 7 is totaly fuc*** up !

So do you know any good alternatives to NERO besides Alcohol 120% ( only for images :( ) ?

Thnx m16si

maybe this is something for you Link

DeepBurner comes loaded with an extensive list of practical and amazingly valuable features that will totally satisfy your burning needs. These start from compiling your CDs and DVDs in different formats and ending with the creation of fascinating photo albums and rock solid, reliable backups.

I use Nero 6.6.x.x. I have not tried version 7.x.x.x. of nero & do not intend to.

Apart from nero I use MagicIso 5.x. If supports extra long file names & paths, not supported by any other reliable software. Only shortcoming is it does not save compilations but only ISOs. This takes up a lot of hard disk space.

Howz about Nero 7 Lite

Works actually, better than the original and was created by hp8guser of this forum.

@ -I- (nice screenname :P): the quotes from any website try and make it sound really professional to sell their product.

Edited by T D

Nero 7 Premium is running pretty well for me.

You could take the advice to choose the others or maybe continue with Nero 7 and try to install it with fewer install options.

The Nero 7 premium package is a bit heavy.

Edited by Xpaninity

I'm not sure what the problem is with Nero 7... I've been running it for a long time now and I haven't had any problems. I've made one coaster with it, but that was because the ISO I was trying to burn from was corrupted, so I'm not going to lay the blame on Nero.

If v7 is giving you troubles, try v6.

IMHO Nero 6.6 is *much* better than the 7.x versions.

nero 6 doesn't have DVD support.

like TD and Jeremy said, give nero 7 lite a try, it's compact and feature rich.

i personally use the micro edition and love it....it's only a 16mb download.

nero 7 lite: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=69886

re: georgepds

i've burned more than 30 4.3gb DVD isos, i've never had a problem handling large files

Edited by #rootworm