HFCLEANUP - IEGARBAGE reducers

saugatak

@tommyp, do the 2 IEGARBAGE reducers have any impact on IE or Explorer functionality?

HFSLIP Win2k, IE6 + OE, HFCLEANUP (including IEGARBAGE reducers) causes the Add/Remove Programs applet to not work. Am taking out suspect reducers and trying out different builds on VMWARE to identify cause of this problem (think I forgot to take out the Explorer reducer out by accident), but was wondering if you had anything to add.

Won't solve your problem just a nice proggy to use instead of windows's component : uTool (much much faster) ;)

Uninstall Tools looks good, maybe do a switchless installer.

Which reducers do I have to remove to get the Add/Remove programs applet to work?

I guess other solution is, remove the Add/Remove applet altogether and use Uninstall Tools, but I don't see a fileset that takes out the Add/Remove program applet completely.

One of the reducers that has 4 or 5 Z's will cause the add/remove applet to not work. This is because it is dependant on some obscure MDAC files and IE. Typically I do not run the 4Z or 5Z reducers.

One of the reducers that has 4 or 5 Z's will cause the add/remove applet to not work. This is because it is dependant on some obscure MDAC files and IE. Typically I do not run the 4Z or 5Z reducers.

That's weird.

There's only four 4Z or 5Z reducers. I'm not running the 5Z TOTAL_REMOVER_IE.rem, so it can only be

1. ZZZZ_IE6_JAVA_Killer.REM, but this only removes JSCRIPT.DLL, which should not affect the applet

2. ZZZZ_IE6_JAVA_Killer.RIN - no idea if this is the one responsible, but there are a ton of files here so it'll be hard to eliminate.

3. ZZZZZ_TOTAL_REMOVER_MPLAYER.REM - removes only Windows Media files (MPLAYER2.EX, mplayer2.in

unregmp2.ex) which should not affect the applet.

I'll try a build taking out IE6_JAVA_Killer.REM & RIN to see if it works.

Edit: Just noticed in this build that IE is completely missing even though I didn't use the 5Z TOTAL_REMOVER_IE.rem.

@tommyp, do the ZZ_IEGARBAGE reducer files take out IE altogether?

Running all but the 4&5Z's will leave the IE core intact. The ZZ_IEGARBAGE reducers remove iexplore.exe and internet explorer folders, but leaves the IE core intact so you can use Maxthon or other IE core dependant browser.

If you don't run the 4 & 5 Z reducers, you'll see the add/remove programs applet.

What version/date of the hfcleanup.zip file are you using?

Running all but the 4&5Z's will leave the IE core intact. The ZZ_IEGARBAGE reducers remove iexplore.exe and internet explorer folders, but leaves the IE core intact so you can use Maxthon or other IE core dependant browser.

Sweet . . . :thumbup

Was wondering how you did it so that IE dependent programs were installing no problem but IE missing. Guess it's similar to the nLite function of leaving IE Core intact.

If you don't run the 4 & 5 Z reducers, you'll see the add/remove programs applet.
OK, I'm going to take out different reducers and see what results are. Also curious if I install FF and use IE tab functionality whether the updates will work.
What version/date of the hfcleanup.zip file are you using?

June 1, 2006

Edit: With IEGarbageRemoval reducers, IETab in FF works weirdly on VM. Can't tell on this build whether it's IEGarbageRemoval reducers or other ZZZZ reducers. Just going to yank 'em all.

Edited by saugatak