Vista is another outstanding flop !

GTO

Well im just worry about DirectX10 if i can get it for XP so im sure im not going to use Vista.

Physically impossible. Vista's new driver model, WDDM, is the foundation of DX10. Multiple pieces of this new WDDM and DX10 are directly linked to a serious kernel overhaul, major changes in how data passes through the driver stack, and significant changes in how low-level hardware is exposed and controlled.

Windows XP has absolutely zero way to "emulate" these changes, and as such, Microsoft has already publically stated (in multiple cases, please search this Vista forum for a direct link provided by me) that DX10 will never become available for any operating system released prior to Vista.

Period.

Back to the folks who are bashing Vista -- guess what? Don't buy it. Don't warez it. Don't even so much as blink at installing it EVER on any computer that you own. No exceptions. That way, myself and the other millions of people who will be using it don't have to listen to you whine, cry, b*tch and complain incessantly.

Good riddance.

Back to the folks who are bashing Vista -- guess what? Don't buy it. Don't warez it. Don't even so much as blink at installing it EVER on any computer that you own. No exceptions. That way, myself and the other millions of people who will be using it don't have to listen to you whine, cry, b*tch and complain incessantly.

Good riddance.

hard day at work today Albuquerque? :)

Good riddance.

hard day at work today Albuquerque? :)

LOL :thumbup

Actually yes, it's been a bad several weeks. My company has put me on a project to roll out "Live Meeting" and the manager who's running it is a micro-managing mongerel who deserves a long relaxing session of acupuncture using eleventy brazillion dull steak knives followed by a warm bath in molten steel. :whistle:

That all being beside the point, the reply I posted above has become my defacto standard reply to every whiner, moron, flamer and loser I meet in real life who has nothing else better to talk to me about except how bad Vista sucks. And no matter how many well-deserving things in Vista I can retort with, basically all of them have their head stuck so far in the sand (or other rear-facing bodily orifices) that they simply refuse to listen to any logical thought that can be provided as to why Vista might actually be better than they suggest.

Every single thing that's been lobbed at Vista has been lobbed at every other "new" OS that Microsoft has ever put out. It uses more memory. It uses more processor power. It requires better hardware. It has compatibility problems with applications (that are coded shoddily or are extremely old). Well guess what? The OS you're comparing it to is at least four years old, and four years ago, that's the hardware that was available. This is TODAY, and TODAY's operating system will run on computers built TODAY. And guess what? They have more memory, they have more CPU cycles. They use applications that aren't built 15 years ago using a 32-bit wrapped version of IBM REXX.

It is my opinion that Vista is probably THE most forward-thinking operating system that Microsoft has taken on to date. I could give you a laundry list of reasons why, and it still wouldn't matter because some anonymous e-tard on this forum would retort with "You're dumb, Linux > all, it uses memory, it takes up CPU cycles, blah blah cry river wah mommy" and it would go nowhere.

So fine. You don't like it? Then don't buy it. Don't install it. Don't use it. It isn't required that you use Vista, just like it isn't required that you use XP, or 2000, or 98, or even 95. It isn't even required that you use a PC to begin with... If operating systems give you this much heartburn, go buy a Console and have it done with. Or maybe a MAC, because lord knows Macs don't have any problems at all compared to PC's (cough*BS*cough)

There are those segments of the population who's sole happiness in life is to create drama and cry about something. The best thing the rest of us can do is tell them to take their sobbing drama to someone else who might remotely care, and leave the other 92% of us alone. Know what I mean? ;)

Edited by Albuquerque

vista = windows ME

wait for longhorn.

the military's reliance on windows is shameful. good job contractors for designing software that requires the least secure OS.

vista is very much not ME, if you would like to point out similarities then list them, as for longhorn, it is a server product, not a desktop product, and it is also very very good :) NAP is probably one of the coolest new features out for it

Vista is like ME because it's nothing more than hype which is designed to line the pockets of m$.

m$ has spent a lot of money to figure out what could attract consumer spending, their consensus: shiny bling.

Vista adds more bloat than it does functionality and i'm sure it's successor will be a very fine product.

I agree somewhat, because Windows Vista is a bloated spinoff of Windows XP,

just like Windows ME was a spinoff of Windows 98 SE!

Also, sad, but true, Windows XP is a DRM-ized spinoff of Windows 2000.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

LOL :thumbup

Actually yes, it's been a bad several weeks. My company has put me on a project to roll out "Live Meeting" and the manager who's running it is a micro-managing mongerel who deserves a long relaxing session of acupuncture using eleventy brazillion dull steak knives followed by a warm bath in molten steel. :whistle:

lol, i am sorry to hear that, our live meeting roll out when flawlessly last december, we had such a great PM, i wish they would hire him on...

Anyway, on the topic of vista, i would like to propose a solution to all this madness, i would like everyone who has issues with vista to post those problems here. Again through 3 pages of comments i have not seen any specific issues with vista just generalized complaints about a beta or an incompatability with a specific software. from that point we can either prove it is a problem or we debunk the myth.

Wow. Don't know if I've ever read a thread with so much FUD in (and whining) it before. I can only 100% agree with Albuquerque.

Also, sad, but true, Windows XP is a DRM-ized spinoff of Windows 2000.

Wow. 100% wrong and pointless. Win XP doesn't have any more DRM than 2k does. WMP does support DRM'ed WMV files, just like it does on 2k. That's the *ONLY* DRM in XP anywhere, so strop spreading that kind of FUD, this isn't slashdot... Yes, XP was based on 2k, which was in turn based on NT4, etc. By what you say, seemingly every OS should be built from scratch or it sucks, so 2k sucks too, and perhaps the same goes for every linux kernel too... That's an overly tired argument.

XP brought us a LOT of good and new things, that you guys have chosen to ignore, head in the sand, for the last 6 years or more. Things like:

-ACPI that actually works (imagine that! funny how we don't get BSODs anymore)

-64 bit support

-remote desktop (TS)

-volume shadow service

-an updated IIS

-prefetch to make apps faster

-it has a basic firewall

-DEP

-much improved policies and deployment tools

-cleartype

-hibernate

-improved security

-has a bunch of new apps (movie maker, CD writing, etc)

-better defragmenter support (for MFT mainly)

-paging is improved, and registry too (faster, uses less memory, and less locks)

-lots of improvement in the kernel (syscalls, locks for SMP, etc)

This list could be almost endless. It's everything 2k should have been. But even today there are people who still think 2k or 98 were the best OS'es ever. One day, they might see the light...

Vista brings a lot more new stuff. People whine it's too demanding hardware wise, just like they did years ago when XP came out (but now that's it's been out for years, our hardware is more than good enough for it). Honestly, if you turn the aero thing off, it runs just fine, even on older hardware (or even in VMWare).

Even without the new GUI changes it's still a better OS in so many ways - at least for the new stuff in it for programmers (WPF, WCF, WWF and WCS). Oh, don't forget IIS7! Totally revamped installer (the Win NT 3.x era installer was beyond overdue, I mean, floppies for mass storage adapter drivers???) New and improved deployment tools (imaging based). LOTS of major kernel changes. The sidebar. DirectX 10. New network stack (ipv6 by default). So much new stuff...

But then again, so people will keep denying all this new stuff somehow just isn't there. Or that for no reason, it's somehow not relevant or not useful. They will resist change as long as they can and put their heads in the sand.

And like Albuquerque said, it doesn't matter how good Windows will ever be, some people will ALWAYS complain no matter what. Perfect wouldn't good enough (but then Steve Jobs poops in a bag and puts the almighty Apple logo on it... They'll praise it and run to the store to pay large sums for it! They can do now wrong.)

Don't like it? Nobody's forcing you to buy or use it... Get Ubuntu or OS X or whatever, and see how much fun and how perfect it is... I will gladly buy my copy of Vista. Soon, Vista will be on almost every PC regardless (including new PCs).

Here are some of my simple observations on Vista

1:\ They say it will be easier to use, I have yet seen anything that has made it more simple to use.

Example

On XP I had no problem adding my Web site to My Network Places I can connect and FTP files from my Desktop to my Site with no problems. On Vista I have not been able to that at all, a simple task on XP but not so simple on Vista.

2:\ Performance I still can not understand how Vista needs 30 plus services running with out a Anti Virus. Compared to XP without a Anti Virus I have 15 services running. I was looking foward to 5472 release because I have been reading it was suppose to improve it performance, I have yet notice any performance increases. The newest build still uses the 30 plus services and the amount of memory being used has not change much or I have not notice any change

3:\ UAP I hate. I hate the fact that there is not a real admin account enable any more. I have to hack it so I can use the real admin account. I will not use those neuter admin account it bull crap to have to say yes to some thing as simple as MMC to run.

It is my opinion that Vista is probably THE most forward-thinking operating system that Microsoft has taken on to date. I could give you a laundry list of reasons why...

ok but... why...

The few things I can list for vista is...

1) game developer will be forced to vista since no more directx support.

2) rework of the IP protocol stack

3) more wireless support(?? Don't know about it, never use wireless before)

ps. quick comment about linux and open source. You can sell and develop "closed source" applications under Linux. But you can't take existing "open source" application and make it "close source".

ps. about firefox and IE. They are both just a web browser. You can't blame people for saying firefox is more secure because IE have way too many security holes "in the past".

Edited by D3H6G9

I hope i'll be able to strip down vista as much as i could XP. Using stuff like nLite etc. I'd rather use my resources in ensuring that all my appz run nicely than having a super sexy looking interface that slows everything down.

Looking atenhanced multi-threading using dual+ cpus

Cheers

Edited by dafreaking

Apparently if Vista suck's on your PC then you apparently have a piece of crap computer and it simply don't run good. My My lets blame the world for all our problem's, anyone out there will send me a million dollar's cause i don't like Linux? The graphic's still suck here.

I'm only using Vista Beta 2 right now but the speed and graphic;'s rock on my sucky onboard vid card. Maybe because I have 1GB dual channel memory perhap's. Maybe because MS is fixing a couple things. Yeah I like XP cause it not as much trouble as previous versions but to me Vista look's promising.

I'll have to wait and see the price cause i can run XP till it come's down.

Here are some of my simple observations on Vista

1:\ They say it will be easier to use, I have yet seen anything that has made it more simple to use.

Example

On XP I had no problem adding my Web site to My Network Places I can connect and FTP files from my Desktop to my Site with no problems. On Vista I have not been able to that at all, a simple task on XP but not so simple on Vista.

2:\ Performance I still can not understand how Vista needs 30 plus services running with out a Anti Virus. Compared to XP without a Anti Virus I have 15 services running. I was looking foward to 5472 release because I have been reading it was suppose to improve it performance, I have yet notice any performance increases. The newest build still uses the 30 plus services and the amount of memory being used has not change much or I have not notice any change

3:\ UAP I hate. I hate the fact that there is not a real admin account enable any more. I have to hack it so I can use the real admin account. I will not use those neuter admin account it bull crap to have to say yes to some thing as simple as MMC to run.

perfect,

here is a good example of what we should be doing. Problems with features (or missing features) that you want fixed or we need to find out why it is happening, for those with free time (since i know we all have so much ;) ) let looks at GSMs problems and see if there is a solution or another way to do it, or if it a problem that should be addressed by MS

[qoute]

Example

[/qoute]

let start with this one, lets look for a way that this can work or if the feature was removed or replaced with something else... :) the product only gets better with us testing it