Vista is another outstanding flop !

GTO

To be honest internet was created well before 1968.

Inline topic, Vista is a huge change from the current Windows OS's. Just seems the poster has no clue what a beta release entitles to an official release. Say the least... if everything was free you wouldnt have the techonology you can place in your pocket nor the programers to haveing enough ambition.

Linux is Open source and the overhead is greater than UNIX and Windows placed together in a production environment... It's no where near a UNIX base system and UNIX systems overhead is just as great as a Windows base system. There is no proven documentation stating LINUX is faster or more reliable than a Windows product.

To be honest internet was created well before 1968.

Inline topic, Vista is a huge change from the current Windows OS's. Just seems the poster has no clue what a beta release entitles to an official release. Say the least... if everything was free you wouldnt have the techonology you can place in your pocket nor the programers to haveing enough ambition.

Linux is Open source and the overhead is greater than UNIX and Windows placed together in a production environment... It's no where near a UNIX base system and UNIX systems overhead is just as great as a Windows base system. There is no proven documentation stating LINUX is faster or more reliable than a Windows product.

OK i miss it by a year. i have try linux Ubuntu 5.10, Suse pro 9.3, suse eval 10.0 and suse eval 10.1 they all run much better and faster on my pc when xp home and 2003 server as workstion to. My pc is listed below :

Dell Computer Corporation Systemmodel Dimensions 4600

Systemtype X86- based The pc's

Processor x86 Family 15 Model Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2660 Mhz

BIOS - version / date Dell Computer Corporation A12, 26-08-2004

512 RAM

Virtuel memory in all GB Available virtuel memory 1,72 GB

Available virtuel memory 1,08 GB

Site to footer 1.22 GB

I have been running vista as a test and all I can say is this. IT IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH !!!. Other than looking pretty it is just another way for microsoft to make money by forcing people to buy new products. I hope Bill Gates will read this because I have reached the end of my rope with microsoft. In stead of simplyfying things they have complicated things. Instead of finishing a product like xp, and just making it perfect they leave it in limbo and move on to the next thing, vista. It is time for Linux to make its move. To all linux programmers out there come together and formulate a standard and make a serious move into all aspects of the market. To Bill Gates stop worrying about the business and make a better product. The bottom line is that the US military is going to have more headaches with vista than they had with xp. Microsoft should have just taken xp and made direct x 10 run on it and finally fixed all the bugs with xp and made a perfect system instaed of moving on to the next product. Basically people all that I want out of vista is direct x 10. And all I need is a perfect system. All microsoft and Bill Gates are about is the money. Come on Linux I want to be able to run all my games and programs like fruity loops, reason protools etc on linux. I want to be able to go and buy a program in a store and see Linux compatability. The bottom line is that microsoft uses Linux on all there main servers instaed of the programs that they create, to me that says it all ! Microft I suggest you make xp open source so we can have one perfect version of windowsinstaed of however many incomplete versions. catch a wake up microsoft !!! I am highly irritated with you and I will never purchase a microsoft product again and thats the bottom line.

What a lamer. You haven't given a single reason why this operating system is "RUBBISH."

Until you can qualify your extremely bias opinion, please keep it off of message boards.

Have a nice day (and good luck getting that scanner working in Linux).

I have been running vista as a test and all I can say is this. IT IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH !!!. Other than looking pretty it is just another way for microsoft to make money by forcing people to buy new products. I hope Bill Gates will read this because I have reached the end of my rope with microsoft. In stead of simplyfying things they have complicated things. Instead of finishing a product like xp, and just making it perfect they leave it in limbo and move on to the next thing, vista. It is time for Linux to make its move. To all linux programmers out there come together and formulate a standard and make a serious move into all aspects of the market. To Bill Gates stop worrying about the business and make a better product. The bottom line is that the US military is going to have more headaches with vista than they had with xp. Microsoft should have just taken xp and made direct x 10 run on it and finally fixed all the bugs with xp and made a perfect system instaed of moving on to the next product. Basically people all that I want out of vista is direct x 10. And all I need is a perfect system. All microsoft and Bill Gates are about is the money. Come on Linux I want to be able to run all my games and programs like fruity loops, reason protools etc on linux. I want to be able to go and buy a program in a store and see Linux compatability. The bottom line is that microsoft uses Linux on all there main servers instaed of the programs that they create, to me that says it all ! Microft I suggest you make xp open source so we can have one perfect version of windowsinstaed of however many incomplete versions. catch a wake up microsoft !!! I am highly irritated with you and I will never purchase a microsoft product again and thats the bottom line.

This is just an assumption but, I have a feeling Bill Gates lost control of the computer industry due to "the "hush, hush" theory"

I think the users had too much control of their PC, now there's 0 control, technically.

I think he had no choice but to slowly turn it over to "some entity" and is now controlled by others than BIll Gates, I think that's why he's outtie.

who knows...........

nope... it's just a conspiracy ;)

There is no such thing as a 110% fool proof system... and never will be. Every OS has it's flaws, linux is not even a worth while application, if installed on ANY production server or workstation developers need to recompile the kernal for their general use, which can take days and years to maintain, unlike a managed system like a base unix and windows system. Tooo much overhead for a linux system... you can throw around the bias statements stating its the best and faster, which is completely false.

nope... it's just a conspiracy ;)

There is no such thing as a 110% fool proof system... and never will be. Every OS has it's flaws, linux is not even a worth while application, if installed on ANY production server or workstation developers need to recompile the kernal for their general use, which can take days and years to maintain, unlike a managed system like a base unix and windows system. Tooo much overhead for a linux system... you can throw around the bias statements stating its the best and faster, which is completely false.

epic the official version of every event in human history is a conspiracy theory, as my sisters history teacher puts it. http://www.oilempire.us/conspiracy.html

Edited by the-matrix

Hi there.

A few words from user started with DOS 5.0 and finished with Windows 2003 server.

I think needs make progress. I used NT4 but I didn't like everything in it. Heh, still I think it's one of very much stable OS ever made. I also started to use linux those times. Win. 2000 appears and I still use my highly customised NT4. Win XP appears and I still use Win 2000. Why? Simply next version is better. DirectX, drivers, support new hardware. Simultaneously I use linux, [i'm network admin long time] but always remember:

you WON'T use linux to play f.e. Civilization 4 on it [unless recompiling things several weeks, anyway with better performance on Windows], and you WON'T build little profitable network router on Windows 2003 server.

OUR NEEDS make hardware and software.

Next big topic: support of hardware. When I purchased my new HP/Compaq laptop week ago olny thing I did was to create nLited Windows CD with SATA drivers. After installation I've got working OS. Tried quite new [2005] linux CD and... it won't see most of hardware. There's solution, but takes quite longer.

Give Vista time to become in final stage, try to find a solutions for your problems, not just say 'what a crap'.

Hi there.df

A few words from user started with DOS 5.0 and finished with Windows 2003 server.

I think needs make progress. I used NT4 but I didn't like everything in it. Heh, still I think it's one of very much stable OS ever made. I also started to use linux those times. Win. 2000 appears and I still use my highly customised NT4. Win XP appears and I still use Win 2000. Why? Simply next version is better. DirectX, drivers, support new hardware. Simultaneously I use linux, [i'm network admin long time] but always remember:

you WON'T use linux to play f.e. Civilization 4 on it [unless recompiling things several weeks, anyway with better performance on Windows], and you WON'T build little profitable network router on Windows 2003 server.

OUR NEEDS make hardware and software.

Next big topic: support of hardware. When I purchased my new HP/Compaq laptop week ago olny thing I did was to create nLited Windows CD with SATA drivers. After installation I've got working OS. Tried quite new [2005] linux CD and... it won't see most of hardware. There's solution, but takes quite longer.

Give Vista time to become in final stage, try to find a solutions for your problems, not just say 'what a crap'.

Yes i know what you mean windows is for games but if you don`t play pc games why stay on Windoz environment. i think the IRS should give every american taxpayer a DVD & a licens to MS vista ultimatum when they sent your tax return back next time, anyway the US goverment own Microsoft so you should have something for your hard earn tax dollars, they at least behave like they are a branch of IRS.

[

Yes i know what you mean windows is for games but if you don`t play pc games why stay on Windoz environment. i think the IRS should give every american taxpayer a DVD & a licens to MS vista ultimatum when they sent your tax return back next time, anyway the US goverment own Microsoft so you should have something for your hard earn tax dollars, they at least behave like they are a branch of IRS.

Because Linux won't run business applications. The world runs on business applications, not games and not on Linux desktop distros. When you can run software like the insurance-related AIG or LifeGuide on Linux, maybe business owners will listen to you. Until then, stick with the conspiracy theories.

Vista is a bit of a disappointment to me, too. But until I see the final product I'm not going to dish it. If I don't like it, I won't buy it. You're allowed to do that, you know. But I bet that regardless of whatever it may end up being, within two years of release it will be the mainstream OS. You can stay with Linux or keep up with the demands of the industry. (Not dishing Linux, I have a dedicated box with it, but I'm under no illusion as to which OS is more useful in putting food on the table. Linux is a hobby.)

:whistle: listen up:every windows os from 95-vista has been bashed 2 death during beta stage and bashed threw the service pack stage etc.Their never be a perfect os theres always bugs .Why defend a os cause you dont like the newest os .Does it really matter as long as it suits your needs.too many whiners complaint about vista too many whiners whined about win 98 when 95 was king etc etc the beat goes on.And remember each new os bring sometime new something better 2 the table and because we resist change we critizes it.Vista will be a success might take 2 yrs like xp did 2 catch on and then your be whining about vienna or whatever the next after vista relese is.have a beer plays some halo and chill out. Edited by timeless

[

Because Linux won't run business applications. The world runs on business applications, not games and not on Linux desktop distros. When you can run software like the insurance-related AIG or LifeGuide on Linux, maybe business owners will listen to you. Until then, stick with the conspiracy theories.

Vista is a bit of a disappointment to me, too. But until I see the final product I'm not going to dish it. If I don't like it, I won't buy it. You're allowed to do that, you know. But I bet that regardless of whatever it may end up being, within two years of release it will be the mainstream OS. You can stay with Linux or keep up with the demands of the industry. (Not dishing Linux, I have a dedicated box with it, but I'm under no illusion as to which OS is more useful in putting food on the table. Linux is a hobby.)

The reason you can`t run business applications on linux is they would not give out the souce code to the linux community and also most if not all companys think linux is joke because of all the ms paid lies and propaganda in the media and everyware else and they also demand professonal technical support as they are used to with there present windows environment. it is just a question for the companys to change there policy to make software that also make it so it can run on a non windows environment , server or workstation. so don`t blame it on the linux community it is AIG or LifeGuide that have to make the change of policy. But the way MS run there business is still Conspiracy Facts and not conspiracy theorie.

Edited by the-matrix

The reason you can`t run business applications on linux is they would not give out the souce code to the linux community and also most if not all companys think linux is joke because of all the ms paid lies and propaganda in the media and everyware else and they also demand professonal technical support as they are used to with there present windows environment. it is just a question for the companys to change there policy to make software that also make it so it can run on a non windows environment , server or workstation. so don`t blame it on the linux community it is AIG or LifeGuide that have to make the change of policy. But the way MS run there business is still Conspiracy Facts and not conspiracy theorie.

Well, we can blame Microsoft, the Masons, Global warming and whatever else suits your fancy as to why the world isn't running the way that it should. Companies like AIG won't write software for Linux, and that's because of MS' lies? Well,they won't write for Mac either. Why should they? They write for the mainstream. If and when Linux becomes mainstream, customers will demand such. What do you expect? A company to write software for a platform that is as good as dead for them just to spite Microsoft? Business doesn't run that way, nothing happens unless there is a benefit.

I have broken my own rules as well as the forum's carrying out this conversation which serves no purpose, so I'll leave you with this: Go ahead and be a crusader looking under your bed every night for spies if it fulfills your life, but you'll only likely to find a few dust bunnies.

The reason you can`t run business applications on linux is they would not give out the souce code to the linux community.

Open source is a great dream, but the crazy thing about it then no one wants to pay for, which means you are no longer a business, which means no one gets paid. So until people can deal without getting paid for the software they write (there some out there put they also have other jobs to support them) you won't see alot of business apps on linux or open source.

anyway this topic has run its course, back to vista, if you have complaints, post them in the form of

A) what feature you don't like (ie i don't like how vista uses so much ram)

B) post what you think could be done to make it better

C) post facts to help backup the fact you researched this topic and issue thuroughly before just posting at random